London bombs: This is not looking good...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Multiple explosions rock London

Near simultaneous explosions rocked the London Underground and at least one bus at the morning rush hour, police said, causing fatalities and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said authorities found found indications of explosives at the scene of one of the blasts and that there are concerns it was a coordinated terror attack.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/index.html

I've been watching as well since I got up this morning. My exhusband's mother is from London and her entire family lives there. I made my phone call to make sure everyone is safe. Still waiting to hear that none of our relatives were on their way to work on the bus, or on the subway system.

Mel

Half my family lives in London, but I have no reason to suppose that they would have been involved at the affected locations. I am very afraid that they haven't given out anything like true casualty figures yet.

My heart goes out to all the innocent people caught up in this and especially to the families of the victims. The sooner someone sorts out the underlying problems and reasons that cause such hatred the better.

I would just like to add that the London emergency services - the police, the fire service, the medical services etc - are doing a really wonderful job and the fore planning for such an event seems to be excellent. They deserve a lot of respect.

I was a little shocked and stunned this morning, my thoughts go out to those who were killed or injured and their families as well as for those who are sorting out the troubles either on the street or in government etc.

Thankfully none of my family lives in London anymore, but its shocking to think that just heading to work someone could do this to innocents.

Kim:
I would just like to add that the London emergency services - the police, the fire service, the medical services etc - are doing a really wonderful job and the fore planning for such an event seems to be excellent. They deserve a lot of respect.
This isnt the first time they have had to deal with such a thing, either fire or bombs in the underground.

Last i heard before i left the media had heard reports that it was another extremeist group who also threatened to bomb Italy and Denmark if they didnt pull their troops out of Iraq - but of course when has the media got it 100% right?

My condolonces and thoughts go out to all of the people in London and across the United Kingdom who have been affected by this act of terrorism. We will stand with you, just as you have stood with us.

that explains the 100+ squad cars and slew
of news cameras out front of ground zero.
i hope it isn't as bad as it looks.

Doc Intrepid:
Some morons with high explosives and an agenda.
No mystery here...
They call themselves the "Secret Group of Al Qaeda's Jihad in Europe."
They are Al Qaeda.
Their agenda is the destruction of western civilization, just as they say it is.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom