London bombs: This is not looking good...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agreed, thoughts and prayers to all those in London, have some friends over there, but they're all okay..

If the economy hadn't been as bad as it is, I would probably be there right now in the middle of it. This is the first odd-numbered summer that I haven't gotten to travel to London since 1993. And I use Russell Square station as my "home" station, because it's near my hotel. I recognise a lot of the buildings that I've seen on TV in and around the Russell Square/Woburn Place/Tavistock Place area.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families... :frown:

ScubaTexan:
around the Russell Square/Woburn Place/Tavistock Place area.
Lots of embassies there from what i recall.

simbrooks:
Lots of embassies there from what i recall.

I believe so, yes. Canada House is around there somewhere, I think.

My prayers go out to the victims and their families.

PB565:
At least the British won't knuckle under to these pigs like the Spanish did.

I also pray you're right. Spain was a major victory for Al Qaeda, I hope the British have more resolve.

Again the terrorist scum have struck the heart of a mighty nation, showing their murderous, callous, and cowardly nature by killing and injuring women, children, and ordinary working people.

Once again they have shown that they will try to achieve political and social dominance by any vile means necessary, unless we have the will and the determination to stop them; to prosecute the struggle against them wherever they may hide.

As one who has seen the devastation from up close in my own nation, my heart goes out to those killed and injured, and to their families and friends, whose lives have been forever changed.

My sympathy and my prayers go out to the people of Britain in this most trying of times.

Sincerely,

Rob Davie

Waiting on hearing from a good friend of mine. She frequented the subways and would have been getting off work at that time.

Such A despicable act against innocent people, may the Brits catch the perpetrators.

So far they have split the toll up to 7 dead near Liverpool St, 21 between Russel Sq and Kings Cross, 7 at Edgeware Rd and at least 2 on the bus near Tavistock Sq, totals 37 and another 700+ injured. I am surprised the toll wasnt higher on the bus seeing the photos and knowing how packed those buses are.

Just to give the rest of you an idea, the underground ferries about 8.5 million people on trips every day into and out of London, hundreds of trains per hour, people crammed onto platforms to try to squeeze onto trains where there isnt even room to breathe properly (typically everyone has to breathe out and cram in so those standing by the doors can get in and let the doors close). Those trains and buses were most likely loaded right up with folks.

Back
Top Bottom