London bombs: This is not looking good...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJetDriver69:
Folks,

If you wish to express support and sympathy for the British people in an hour of great sadness, please do so here.

If you wish to engage in political cant and rhetoric, your posts will be removed.

Folks,

Please note my comment above. If the attempts at political dog-fighting continue, and you can't restrict yourselves to offering support, sympathy, and heart-felt prayers (as many already have) this thread will have to be closed.

God bless the Queen, the British people, and Tony Blair in their time of need today - Amen.

BigJetDriver69:
Folks,

Please note my comment above. If the attempts at political dog-fighting continue, and you can't restrict yourselves to offering support, sympathy, and heart-felt prayers (as many already have) this thread will have to be closed.

Please take note, folks.

My thoughts and prayres go out to all those caught up in this tragic event. The Brits have always been good friends and allies of us Yanks and they were there for us on 9/11. Lets all offer our support and prayres to them now.

Please refrain from any further postings that detract from this as a condolence thread. I understand that there are high emotions as well as multiple political viewpoints represented here but this thread must not degenerate into an argument. If you have any questions, comments or complaints please feel free to PM me. Thank you.

Moderators: If this thread reverts to political commentary please close it.

Luckily for me i woke up early that morning and couldn't be bothered to lie in bed (as per normal)

i was at Euston (inbetween Kings Cross and Edgeware Road) for 8.30 am and on the bus around 8.35 that travels past Russell Square to Holborn (my office), i was at my desk just before 9.00 am

I am 20 minutes walk from Euston and Kings Cross with Russel Square being roughly in the middle.

We heard the bus explode while we were looking at Sky news on the web.

seeing all the death and destruction just brought Thailand back again and i sat in shock, dissbelief and tears.

Yet again i have managed to escape dissaster, unlike so many others, I'm not too sure how much longer my luck is going to last out!!

God Bless you Clive!! And well as all the others around you! My thoughts and prayers for all in London.

Clive, I think you have a very special Angel on your shoulder watching out for you.

Back
Top Bottom