London bombs: This is not looking good...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with you D O H. We do not need a flame war or a highly "politicized" debate here. We need to mourn all the innocent dead.

Haven't some of us learned that politically motivated posts on this forum get the whole flippin' thread, along with subsequent threads dealing with the same subject, modified or removed?!!

Folks, not too many of you are more passionate about your beliefs than I, but I managed to contain myself today. Please, please, try to do the same, so that we can continue to discuss this sad event here on SB, minus the various political/worldview veiwpoints, of course.

Again, the British people are in my thoughts.

Yours in sorrow,

David

dlndavid:
Here is a more accurate count.
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/database/

Hey have a great trip.

Thanks. I will try to have a good trip. Hope to get in some good diving. It's hard to put all these events behind and focus on diving when such slime are killing innocent people around the World.

Just want our English borthers and sisters to know that we Americans are with you and mourn your loss. We remember how the British government QUICKLY gave British support to America right after 9/11. We owe, and gladly give, our support to them.

DEFEAT TERRORISM!!!!!!!!

cdiver2:
As for London we observed something interesting that the terrorists may like to take notice of; your attacks failed. London fought off attacks nightly from 1939 until 1945 which killed thousands of Londoners and we carried on regardless. If you think that the death of thirty three of our community changes anything you're wrong. We are not scared of you, just waiting for you to be brought to justice and determined to carry on regardless. Our dead are the heros today, not your cowardly killers.

My thoughts go to the fallen today.

Amen, sir! Amen!

Rob

I heard about this as I was on my way to work this morning. My heart just breaks for all those affected. The situation strikes me with a particular poignancy because it is a scenario I have thought of often. I pray that I don't have to deal with such a tragedy. I work at the main control center for the DC subway. We deal with the possibility of it happening here, and worry about our co-workers and customers in case it should happen.

I was working on 9-11, and when we were told the Pentagon had been hit I was in shock. Then, I had to help evacuate the city. On the way home that day I drove along the river, looking at the smoke rising from the pentagon. It was a day I pray I never have to relive.

cdiver2:
Your country and mine enjoy many freedoms including free speech. When we accept people from other countries we give them the same rights even if we don't agree with what they say. If we do try to stifle there voices it makes us no better than the terrorist. We should be careful not to lower our standards to their level if we do all is lost.

Free speech, I believe, has it's limitations. Even libel and slander constitute free speech, but there are consequences for said speech. Sedition isn't free speech, either. And the "no better than the terrorist" part, I just won't comment on.

Folks,

If you wish to express support and sympathy for the British people in an hour of great sadness, please do so here.

If you wish to engage in political cant and rhetoric, your posts will be removed.

Kim:
I would just like to add that the London emergency services - the police, the fire service, the medical services etc - are doing a really wonderful job and the fore planning for such an event seems to be excellent. They deserve a lot of respect.

Kim,

The people you name have once again proven the fact that they are true heroes. They rush toward the danger, rather than away, in the hope they can help others.

My prayers and my thoughts are with them, and those injured or killed in this vile and cowardly attack.

Rob

Unfortunately, I found your posts, Dr. Bill, to be of a rather political nature also.

I agree that there have been more such in this thread.

Never mind. I did it for you.

Best wishes and condolences for all caught up in the terror attacks in London, regardless of nationality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom