Long Distance Relationship Advice Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think of the members of The Greatest Generation who fought in WWII with both men and women stationed away from home for long periods of time. Many were able to maintain relationships despite such separation, usually through written correspondence. Of course many were already sweethearts from school days, but there were others who met briefly during that period and made commitments to one another through their communication.

I am of the opinion that any couple that truly makes a commitment can maintain a LDR. May not be so easy in these daze of "instant gratification," but I know a number of examples of couples who have made it happen.

I think of the members of The Greatest Generation who fought in WWII with both men and women stationed away from home for long periods of time. Many were able to maintain relationships despite such separation, usually through written correspondence. Of course many were already sweethearts from school days, but there were others who met briefly during that period and made commitments to one another through their communication.

I am of the opinion that any couple that truly makes a commitment can maintain a LDR. May not be so easy in these daze of "instant gratification," but I know a number of examples of couples who have made it happen.

Wasn't that also the time of the "Dear John" letter?

ok, but those are the exceptions, right?

Says you! :D

"all you need is love" ? :rofl3: now THAT is a romantically optimistic sig line :D

Wasn't that also the time of the "Dear John" letter?

I think that was when that phrase originated :rofl3:

I am of the opinion that any couple that truly makes a commitment can maintain a LDR.

Well sure, I could if for some reason my boyfriend had to go away for a while or vice versa, but it would really really suck. Would never start something like that with someone new.

May not be so easy in these daze of "instant gratification," but I know a number of examples of couples who have made it happen.

What is wrong with instant gratification though when it comes to relationships? I'd much prefer to be getting gratified the instant I want, rather than otherwise!

What is wrong with instant gratification though when it comes to relationships? I'd much prefer to be getting gratified the instant I want, rather than otherwise!

I've always been patient, willing to wait until the right woman comes along. Heck, I've had to wait decades!

I've always been patient, willing to wait until the right woman comes along. Heck, I've had to wait decades!

Yea I'm pretty much the opposite. I'm not fussy, don't believe in waiting for the 'right person' - you don't know if they are until you've tried them out. I haven't been single since I started dating, I've never dated an *******, friends with all my exes, it's been a lot if fun and I now have an awesome partner. I highly recommend instant gratification as a lifestyle. :)

Maybe self deception [-]reflection[/-] is in order....
There, I fixed that for you! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Aw, Pete... Wormil is on my ignore list so if his comment was meant for me I can't even see it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom