Long Distance Relationship Advice Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sas, making equally lame statements against men doesn't win the battle, it just makes women look as bad.

It's fun though.

Also $10.30 + 3.5 hamburgers for wormil.

Usd? Aus? Or can?

Usd? Aus? Or can?

Money that is actually worth something these days, I'm not a tight arse. So CAD or AUD :wink:

Money that is actually worth something these days, I'm not a tight arse. So CAD or AUD :wink:

I remember the days of joy when I was in Australia in 2001 and got two Aussie dollars for every $1US. Now that things have reversed somewhat, many of us can't visit there (although my new sweetie is half Australian so we can stay at her place).

I remember the days of joy when I was in Australia in 2001 and got two Aussie dollars for every $1US. Now that things have reversed somewhat, many of us can't visit there (although my new sweetie is half Australian so we can stay at her place).

Yea it's pretty awesome for me though, it's our turn now :) I am heading over in June and my partner spent two months last year over there and lived like a king.

Also given dive gear over in USA is a third of the cost of what it is here, been able to get heaps of dive gear very cheaply :D

Yea it's pretty awesome for me though, it's our turn now :) I am heading over in June and my partner spent two months last year over there and lived like a king.

Also given dive gear over in USA is a third of the cost of what it is here, been able to get heaps of dive gear very cheaply :D

Hey, even we citizens here aren't able to live like kings (or queens)... unless you're in the 2% that has all the money.

Good thing my new sweetie is half Aussie!

A lot to catch up on :D I also think communication is the key and that it is possible to get to know someone remotely if we keep in mind there is much more behind the keyboard. In person quality time is the next step up the ladder to obtain more data points in determining whether moving forward or across the nation makes sense.

All we can do is make the best decisions given what we know at any particular point in time. Only we can determine whether the jump is worth the risk looking forward. Several on this thread determined it was the right move for them, others, not so much. Personally, when I look back on my LDR’s, I don’t regret the decisions I made and learned a ton about myself in the process. Before I got into diving, like I said, I thought, no way. Now I meet divers from all over, many of my dive buds are not local and neither are their single friends, lol.

Lots of greats points made based on peoples personal experience, which was the goal of the thread.

I think people behave the way they do in relationships not as much because of gender (nowadays anyway) but rather as a result of their life experiences. With the examples noted here regarding the desire to change their partners, I also have seen both genders exhibit those behaviors. Personally, I think people 30+ years old have a bit more of a “take me as I am” philosophy and a willingness to do the same with their partners and that this philosophy/willingness increases with age.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom