Long hose angle adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not an incredibly experienced sidemount diver, but I use 90-degree adapters on both and differentiate between the two using either the gag (primary, left) or the bolt-snap (right, long hose). I'll take less jaw fatigue any day of the week, and might switch over to omniswivels when I can visit that cave store that sells chinese ones for 25 bucks. Just my 2 psi.

I use a left feed second stage on the left side, right feed on the right side
That's what I should do. Opened up my DGX Xtra 2nd stage, couldn't see an obvious way to swap sides. Can anyone confirm whether or not those are built to be changeable from right-handed to left-handed?

How would you quickly differentiate which is which in a lower/zero visibility situation, @tbone1004 ?

you should always know what’s in your mouth so that helps
One is on a suicide strap, the other isn’t
I dive Poseidon’s so my long hose mirrors my short hose and doesn’t cross in front of me, but behind my neck
You can always trace the hose to find where it’s going which you should do anyway...

you should always know what’s in your mouth so that helps
One is on a suicide strap, the other isn’t
I dive Poseidon’s so my long hose mirrors my short hose and doesn’t cross in front of me, but behind my neck
You can always trace the hose to find where it’s going which you should do anyway...

I could have thought this question through haha

I started sidemount training before Covid hit, but we have been about 6 months off the water. You are right, for sure the diver should know which reg he is breathing!

I made up a whole scenario in my mind where both regs are being clipped off on the same d-ring and for some reason the diver needs to donate the one on the long hose.

Not an incredibly experienced sidemount diver, but I use 90-degree adapters on both and differentiate between the two using either the gag (primary, left) or the bolt-snap (right, long hose). I'll take less jaw fatigue any day of the week, and might switch over to omniswivels when I can visit that cave store that sells chinese ones for 25 bucks. Just my 2 psi.

That's what I should do. Opened up my DGX Xtra 2nd stage, couldn't see an obvious way to swap sides. Can anyone confirm whether or not those are built to be changeable from right-handed to left-handed?
As the person who just wrote the service manual for that reg, I can confirm they are not reversible.

Oooooh, can you send me a copy?
No. Only dgx can distribute the manual. It's available on their website. Go to the service kit listing and click on the product attachment tag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom