Long hose routing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah well I'm diving a single so the shorter 5' hose would probably be better.

few inches too short, pulled my head over and was a PITA.

I went back to the 7' hose. Don't know how the 6' length works since I didn't want three long hoses.

Sometimes I tuck it in the belt but often I just don't do anything with it. When your horizontal the hose plasters itself right against your body. It isn't going anywhere not a problem.

leaving it loose doesn't work for me; I usually am spearfishing and have to change attitude (including going head-up) regularly, particularly to load the gun, and having that hose float up at the wrong time could be VERY bad (read: entanglement with your line on the shaft, with a very live fishie on the other end!)

Yeah that sounds like it would suck. LOL I use the OMS IQ pack with he no sag pockets. could I route the hose under that pocket, or is it too far forward?

Yea, thats why I use a 6 ft LP hose....5 ft was too short....7 ft would be too long, since I dive a single AL80 right now and no light canister.

Scoobie the pocket isn't too far forward to route the hose under?

Back
Top Bottom