Long-sleeved swimsuits!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charleen

Reaction score
Hello!

I’m Charleen and I’m new to the club “Women’s Views” of this board! I want to say that this discussion forum is a great site to discuss, to give tips and to share different information about scuba-diving! I’m serious!!
I have also some questions and I hope you can help me.
My questions concern with the long-sleeved swimsuits that are made for swimming and scuba-diving. The suits are equipped with or without a zipper. And they do not have short or long trouser legs like other wetsuits or diveskins (eg rash guards). They are made of thin neoprene or lycra! They look like long-sleeved lycra gymnastics leotards, but they are not made for gymnastics, they are made for scuba-diving and swimming!
And here are my questions:

1. What are the (production)names and the manufacturers / brands of these swimsuits?
2. Where can I get these long-sleeved swimsuits (eg Internet stores / auctions etc)?
Two years ago I saw a female (of course) member of a water ski show team in TV, who wore a long-sleeved lycra swimsuit, that had no zipper.
3. Do you know other activities where you can use a long-sleeved swimsuit?
4. Did anyone wear a swimsuit with sleeves? How does it fit and protects you against the cold?
A few years ago I saw a picture of a long-sleeved neoprene swimsuit (zipper-equipped) in a TV guide, but I don’t have the photo anymore and so unfortunately nothing about it. Since then I have been impressed and amazed, because this suit didn’t look like the ‘normal’ swimsuits, due to the long sleeves. I like their fashionable cut and design. And I think they are a real eye-catcher when you go swimming or scuba-diving, because of the long sleeves and the high leg cut.
5. Do you know where can I get photos, articles, historical facts etc of long-sleeved swimsuits?

It would be very nice if you could answer my questions and send only free information (photos, articles etc) to this board or by email: cgqbdpr@gmx.net

Regards

Charleen

PS: Keep on scuba-diving! :)

What you are describing is what we refer to as 'skins'. However they are not swimsuit replacements. Divers use them as skin protection and/or to make a wetsuit easier to don.

You can do a Google search for 'dive skins' and especially Dive Goddess. Henderson, Sharkskin,and Aeroskin all make excellent products.

the aquasphere suits don't fit the bill because they have legs, but there was an interesting, off-topic tidbit on the site. most divers i know (myself EXcluded) think of 80 degree water as WARM.....

According to medical research, a muscle works correctly only when it is at a temperature around 82 degrees. At temperatures below this, it starts to contract and lose its elasticity. Prolonged work on a cold muscle causes cramping. It is also known that the body cools 25 times faster in water than in air......

scubamax:
Try looking here for one brand:

http://www.aquasphereusa.com/home.html

Scubamax

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom