Long-term camera rig-focus light question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjgove1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Aloha! I've started out on a long-term camera rig project and am about to upgrade my strobe and add a focus light. Basically, I'm going to slowly grow my rig from single strobe (YS-02) to a double strobe (2 YS-02).
I want to incorporate a focus light in this mix, which is relatively easy with a single strobe. Just put it on the other arm. But what do I do with it when the other arm has a strobe attached to it?
My current set-up is a Canon G-11 in a OEM housing, a Big Eye lens, and a single Nano when I do macro. So, no hot/cold shoe to put the focus light on when I go double strobe. I contemplated buying
a YS-01 but feel that I don't need TTL, since I have a lot of manual strobe experience and rather enjoy it. If only they made a YS-02 with a focus light.......

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can put a focus light?

You have two options. One is a triple clamp that lets you add a focus light and the other option is an ultralight neck-ball adapter. Your third of two options is to put a double v-connector on the arm so you can mount two balls (one forward and one rearward).

Bill

Thanks for the reply, Bill!

I guess I should have been a little more specific. I am using flex arms to mount the strobes. I like being able to use the Fantasea Eye Grabber to hold my Big Eye when I'm not using it and as far as I can tell, it can only be mounted on a flex arm. So, I don't think the ball mounts will work in my case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom