Long Time Diver, New Dive Shop Owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pembina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just opened our dive shop 6 weeks ago and today I booked 12 spots to CoCo View for next January. Now I just have to fill them :blinking:.... scary stuff.
If you have any experience in group travel please share your experiences, what to do, what not to do, and help aleviate my stress. :bounce2:

jacquie

You will fill them , relax.

I have beendoing group airline tickets for tour operators for almost 20 years, not dive related, but definitely travel related. People that don't put up deposit are not serious. Make sure you get copies or passports or birth certificates. The number of people out there that can't spell their own names is unbelievable and can cause major problems with foreign travel. No deviations, no changes, this is a major time waster, steer clear of people that can't make up their minds, 99% of the work is created by 1% of the passengers. They are not worth it and drive the cost up for everyone else. Some people know what they want, know how much it costs and are willing to pay for it, keep them. People who are cheap and fussy can book things on their own. Be aware that you are buying into a limited resource with certain things. Airline tickets have become commodities and are sold as such, the more you buy on a particular flight the higher the cost. Other items, tour busses, guides, etc. are a one shot cost if you have 1 pax or 50, so the more people you have to amortize the cost the cheaper it gets for everyone. Find a supplier, they have huge volumes, you know they are making money off of you, but they can get much better net prices than you can on your own.

Just opened our dive shop 6 weeks ago and today I booked 12 spots to CoCo View for next January. Now I just have to fill them :blinking:.... scary stuff.
If you have any experience in group travel please share your experiences, what to do, what not to do, and help aleviate my stress. :bounce2:

jacquie

Congrats! Wish you nothing but success!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom