Work at dive shop in exchange for accommodation and master diver course - Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are some Thailand ops that do this (see link in my prior post in this thread). Not sure all of the ins and outs of Thailand immigration law, but I'm assuming they might justify it as folks in some other countries do -- just say that the practical (work) is part of the class, and not a paid position.
In the last year the Thai immigration checks have ramped up. I was a paying guest, but still got questioned and had to provide travel and hotel evidence I was a tourist. Why, I had “instructor“ on my T-shirt.

According to CMAS standards, you had to receive additional training during P/R 3 course to be allowed below 40 m and into deco.
Not exactly though. You can get into deco from 2 star level according to the standard

Not exactly though. You can get into deco from 2 star level according to the standard
Nope. Pay attention to wording at 5.3 for 3* diver. There is no such wording for 2*.
Decompression training allows you to go to 40 meters as 2*, not to do deco dives.
You can do advanced nitrox, which would allow deco as 2*, but that is different cert.
Screenshot (317).png

Screenshot (316).png

1 star specifically forbid deco dive, but std 2 star says as below

IMG_2135.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom