Looking for a chea....ah...inexpensive SS Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did a search but could not find what I was looking for. I seem to recall a thread someone mentioned an extremely inexpensive SS BP on but can not find it.

A friend of mine is looking to set-up a BP/W but wants to get into it reasonably. I think for his type of diving mostly cold water wearing a heavy wet suit or dry suit he would be looking at diving steel single for now with the ability to go to doubles at some point. I know there is no perfect wing to do both but in an effort to get a one size fits all what would be recommended?

Thanks in advance

I did a search but could not find what I was looking for. I seem to recall a thread someone mentioned an extremely inexpensive SS BP on but can not find it.

Hammerhead Scuba - Hammerhead II Backplate

Getting a harness with it will add another $45 or so, I don't remember if it's cheaper to get a harness somewhere else.

An even better price is used. Just look around the classifieds here and especially at thedecostop.com; I got a SS backplate with full harness for $100, and an AL backplate with full harness for $50.

Thanks for the help. Hammerhead was the one I was looking for. After going to their web site I need new dive buddies, I decided! lol

Wasn't there a guy a while ago that did just a few each year also?

Hammerhead plates are a great deal as well as a nice product. Not highly polished like "H" or Dive Rite but they work great and are made of superior material. A little home finishing may be required to get rid of a sharp corner or two.

Hammerhead Scuba - Hammerhead II Backplate

Sorry I did not see the previous post.

Link to Hammehead is still not correct. Their old domain was abandoned and taken over by someone in Russia. Their website does not have an advertising banner over it.

For whatever reason if you try and to a link it takes you to the old website which is Hammerheadscuba.

The real website is hammerhead backplates .com

Fred would probably know. Why not pm him?

Back
Top Bottom