Looking for a Drysuit that....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first thing I did with my current drysuit is remove the suspenders.
Woot? Suspenders are - IMO - de rigeur for a DS. Particularly a trilam. How else are you going to keep your suit from slipping down when you're walking around with the zipper open and the suit bunched up around your waist? If you can't stuff the arms under the suspenders, how are you going to keep the sleeves from dragging on the ground when you're walking during the SI or before zipping up, with the zipper open and the suit bunched up around your waist? Me, I'd love to have suspenders on my undersuit as well.

Be careful with the expectation of Bare SB. The Stretchy and Breathable version is really the first version where material delaminates. Then Bare fixed the delamination issue on later version, the cost is the material is really no longer stretchy, maybe still breathable, but it really lost its initial claim of what the suit can do. Maybe it is why SB were discountinued.

Woot? Suspenders are - IMO - de rigeur for a DS. Particularly a trilam. How else are you going to keep your suit from slipping down when you're walking around with the zipper open and the suit bunched up around your waist? If you can't stuff the arms under the suspenders, how are you going to keep the sleeves from dragging on the ground when you're walking during the SI or before zipping up, with the zipper open and the suit bunched up around your waist? Me, I'd love to have suspenders on my undersuit as well.

I just fold the arms around each other and it stays put. I don't spend much time walking around with my drysuit 1/2 off so in my case it's not a problem. YMMV

R..

The drawback with rock boots is that it makes frog kicks and other such kicks very difficult. You really need ankle mobility to do them. The Bare soft boot isn't bad. I love the aqualung Evo 3 boot as a boot to walk around in, but found it terrible to try to do a frog kick with.

If that isn't an issue, the Evo 3 is great. But plan to get giant fins with rock boots.

Fusion is front entry with no crotch strap and quite flexible. I've heard it's pretty durable, but I don't do that kind of diving.

Cf200x is a tank of a drysuit.

I don't spend much time walking around with my drysuit 1/2 off so in my case it's not a problem. YMMV
It does. I often don't care to doff the suit during the SI, but I like to open it to get some ventilation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom