Looking for a Good Dive Trip May/June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brad23tech

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Some friends and I have been trying to plan a dive trip for may or june but have been having trouble finding anything. We want to go with a group so we can meet some new divers. We also want to do mainly boat diving, we're lazy and don't want to be carrying our gear all over the place and having to swim hundreds of yards to get out to the site. Good accomidations at a reasonable price, we could fly out of Dallas or Houston. We went to Fantacy Island in Roatan last year and it was awesome but we'd rather try some place different this year. We've been leaning toward Hotel Cozumel, but I'd like something with a REAL beach. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Some friends and I have been trying to plan a dive trip for may or june but have been having trouble finding anything. We want to go with a group so we can meet some new divers. We also want to do mainly boat diving, we're lazy and don't want to be carrying our gear all over the place and having to swim hundreds of yards to get out to the site. Good accomidations at a reasonable price, we could fly out of Dallas or Houston. We went to Fantacy Island in Roatan last year and it was awesome but we'd rather try some place different this year. We've been leaning toward Hotel Cozumel, but I'd like something with a REAL beach. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

I have a group trip to Bonaire May 4-11..Stay at Buddy Dive..if interested pm me..we fly out of Newark so what I can do is either set up the airfare for you or you can get your own air. Ran same trip last year and we had people from Ohio,Missisippi join us.They arranged their own airfare and did the land/dive package through us.Trip posted on travel area of this board.We have 6 boat trips scheduled for this package and include rental vehicle, unlimited shore dives here are as easy or even easier than the boat rides.

Thanks,
John

do you have a price range in mind? Other activities when not diving? How many dives per day average?
Bonaire is great but you will be carrying gear back and forth alot doing all the shore dives.
Cozumel is okay if you only want to do 2 dives per day.
Have you thought about a liveaboard?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Bonaire from about June 7-21 2008. We are trying to get together a group of two or three couples. Are you still trying to get a trip together?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Bonaire from about June 7-21 2008. We are trying to get together a group of two or three couples. Are you still trying to get a trip together?

Not sure if you directed this question to me..
If you did then ,Yes my trip is a go and I have space..May 4-11..Bonaire..pm if interested.

A Nor Cal area dive shop has a group to Anthony's Key Resort, Roatan, 3-10 May that has a few openings. Pricing is $1999 pp for airfare, transfers, 7 days accommodations, meals and 5 days diving. You can call 877-U-GO-DIVE for more details.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Fantacy Island in June. It's our first time there. We want to dive, dive, dive, shore and boat. Anything you can point out to do or not to do for a week? We love to night dive and also look forward to the shark dive and dolphin dive. We mostly dive in the lakes of our home state of Arkansas year round and look forward to diving where viz is more than a few feet.

You should be able to do all the diving you want. Three boat drives a day and unlimited shore diving. Be sure and check out the wreck on the shore dive. There's a line going to it and I'm sure the staff will give you an idea of were it is. Also make sure the boat takes you to a dive site called Mary's Place at some point, awesome dive. Don't think that you have to spend all your time underwater to have fun, there's a lot to do topside as well. We really enjoyed just hanging out on the beach at night having drinks and smoking cigars. They have local entertainers that come out and do shows on the beach two or three nights a week. The day before your flight you should definatly do the canopy tour (zip lines). I could go on and on, but basically I don't think it's possible to go and not have a blast.

Brad23tech. How did you like Roatan? I am planning a trip May 2-9th there and was wondering what everyone thought was the best resort/facility on Island. Want to Dive Dive dive, but also need nightlife and other activities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom