Looking for a good Package. Correct me if im wrong...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The package is certainly a good deal. I recently tried the Avid BC on in a dive shop and was very impressed with it.

Assuming you'll be doing a lot of very coldwater diving I am not sure if the Oasis is the best regulator choice. You may want to think of getting a regulator that is specifically designed for coldwater diving, e.g. Sherwood Blizzard, ScubaPro MK16/S550 or Mares Abyss.

The other thing you may want to think about is getting a computer instead of a depth gage. It is not strictly necessary, but chances are that you are going to want one pretty soon and it is cheaper to buy one now.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Yes we will be diving in cold water, high 30's LOL

I wonder if i could call them and ask if maybe i could exchange both the reg a guage and pay the difference.

Last thing i need is a freeflo.

I've dealt with Leisure Pro a few times and they can give you the "package discount" on any BC, Regulator, Gauges. I think you need to speak with them on the phone.

Since you live in Canada - you will be charged with more taxes when your equipment arrives at the border.
You will likely have to pay PST and possibly other duty charges.
So it may turn out costing you more than you think it is... I am not sure of all the charges but you may want to investigate before you make the purchase.

...about your package.

If I were you, and I WAS about 18 months ago, I'd look at a computer instead of the gauges, and then I get rid of the console. I had a computer in a console with the computer on one side, the SPG on the other and a compass on the top. The compass was hard to see, and I got really tired of flipping the console over to see the SPG. So I got some 'boots' put my computer in a wrist boot on my left wrist, the compass on a bungie on my right wrist and got a protective boot for the SPG, so it hangs on a retractor from my top left D ring on my rig. I'm MUCH happier with that set-up.

I'm NOT a strict DIR guy, but some of what GUE and DIR do, just makes good sense, and you'll be happier with your instruments where you can see them quickly and easily....

Take it with a grain of salt, just my experience to date....

Computers are sooo expensive though, adn about that boot and stuff, you were speaking a totally different language :D Im still very new to scuba

The Oasis is a good cold water regulator, The problem would lie in the 1st stage not being environmentally sealed. All of the sherwood regulators are environmentally sealed.

I use the Sherwood Maximus as my primary regulator and the oasis on my pony bottle (secondary) on all my Ice dives. I have never had a problem in cold water, the scuba pro's have had a lot of problems.

Don't be too quick to change the regulator in the package, it sounds good to me!

Back
Top Bottom