Looking for a New Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I echo what Dive Right in Scuba said about buying what you need now in terms of features and recreational vs. technical.

If you want hoseless air integrated with nitrox and basic deco. in addition to compass, etc., I'd recommend:

1. http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/instruments/computers/products/galileo-luna.aspx
The Luna can be upgraded to a multi-mix full technical computer when you need this feature.

2. Suunto Vyper Air Black - Advanced dive computer

AI but w/hose and all the bells and whistles for recreational diver:

Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer - Simply Brilliant

If you want non-AI but all other features:

1. SCUBAPRO - Aladin Tec 3G (No compass however)

2. With compass: I would buy the Luna or Suunto Vyper Air but without the transmitter and you can get the transmitter at a later time should you change your mind and want the air integration feature.

If you can wait a little longer, Scubapro bought Seabear not too long ago and it will be coming out with new and updated computers with a lot features perhaps late Spring (not sure however).

I did find a Perdix for a relatively good price, but im not sure if it is a good price, or if I would be able to find a better deal if I wait.

Its 840 cad / 630 usd

I found one that is in new condition, never used, im interested in buying it, but im not sure what the resale value of these are.
Is that is a good price or if it isnt?

How much do they typically sell for used?
Is it hard to find these used?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom