Looking for a wrist mount...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

x2aws

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
With all the bells and whistles. I have been looking and am stuck between 2 of them... The Suunto D9 AI, and the Oceanic OC1 AI. Whats the opinion of the board?? Any pitfalls, gotchas, or something I'm not looking at that I should be would be grealty appreciated!!

Oceanic Introduces ATOM 3.0 April 17, 2011

The ATOM 3.0 is equally at home when worn with a wetsuit or a three-piece suit. Don’t be deceived by its small size. This small format PDC powerhouse delivers all the bells and whistles you can imagine at the touch of a button.

* Powered by Oceanic’s Exclusive Dual Algorithm ® allowing you to choose the decompression algorithm that best suits your diving needs without compromising safety
* 4 Operating Modes: WATCH (Alternate Time, Chrono, Daily Alarm, Countdown Timer), NORM (Air and Nitrox), GAUGA (with run timer), and FREE (tracks calculations to allow switching between NORM and FREE)
* Wireless Air Integrated Technology
* Buddy Pressure Check ™
* Switch between up to 3 Nitrox mixes to 100% O2
* Deep Stop with Countdown Timer
* User-friendly Interface with “Step Back”
* Single button access to “Last Dive” display
* Data Retention – allows between dive battery replacement
* Customizable Audible Alarms
* Automatic Safety Stop Prompt
* 24 dive on-unit log book
* History Mode
* Optional Download and Settings Upload
* Firmware Auto-Update

ATOM 3.0 – Withstands high pressure – making it perfect for the office

For more information, contact Doug Krause at dkrause@oceanicusa.com or visit our web site at Oceanic Worldwide - Research and Compare the latest Scuba Diving Equipment and Snorkeling Gear
Oceanic Introduces ATOM 3.0 | American Underwater Products

Announced this week as "introduced". But who knows!

what do you plan on doing that requires "all the bells and whistles?"

what do you plan on doing that requires "all the bells and whistles?"

Just Diving. But I would hate to spend money now only to be missing features later on that might be useful. I figure buy something now that as I progress in my diving I can grow into it. No sense in buying a computer 2-3 times when I could have bought one and been happy with it.

I don't like the watch size ones. I prefer the larger display. So, I'd go with a VT3 or Vyper Air. I use a VT3 now and really like it. It will soon be for sale because I am getting a Vyper Air to match what the shop I work at sells.

I bought the VT3 last week here in Bonaire, 25 dives and like it alot...! I know its not what your asking but I was looking at the D9 myself but found the display to small for these tired old eyes...!!! For what thats worth!

lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom