Looking for dirt cheap dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I disagree, I have found many reasonably priced trips you just have to look and ask..

the least expensive trip for you would be the Blackbeards liveaboard. All diving, all food, and sleeping onboard the boat for a package price. Check out: Blackbeards

there are some inexpensive hotels in the Bahamas, but there are only a handful of dive ops so the costs are not cheap. Food is also fairly expensive as are taxi rates. It just isn't a cheap dive destination (mainly because all of the cruise ships, non-diving tourists, etc.) That is why I think Blackbeards would be the least expensive trip for you.

There definitely not cheap but if you go with Stuart Cove you'll definitely get your monies worth. And Stuart Cove had reasonably priced dive packages that include hotel. I have also been to Abaco. The diving in Abaco is nice with alot of pelagics...in regards to hotel I really don't know. Stayed at a friends house.

We dove with Stuart Coves as well. Breakfast at the hotel was not included and it was expensive! Hubby and I usually just split a banana and a bagel for breakfast, cost us about $6. I think I would consider an all-inclusive next time just for the food expense.

Stuart Coves includes transportation to the shop in their prices. Keep in mind it's a cramped van that you're going to be riding in but the ride isn't really that long. Instead of taking taxi's we figured out the bus lines and used them to get where we wanted to go, MUCH less expensive and you get to see some parts of the island tourists don't usually frequent. (Ok I have to admit the bars on the windows of the laundromat were a little unnerving when we got on the wrong bus).
Ber :lilbunny:

Blackbead Cruises is the answer. I just came back from 6 nights aboard the Pirate's Lady and I had a great time. Capt Drew and crew were great. The weather was a little troublesome so we only got in 17 dives but the shark dive was spectacular. The food was great and plentiful as was the beer and rum punch. Cabins 5 and 6 are the best if you can get them. I look forward to going back.

You can't get more diving for your $ then Blackbeard's. I recently received a email with a special of $799 this fall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom