Looking for dive buddies for Punta Fuego, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reggiehg

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys,

Since getting my OW certification last November, I'm just trying to fill-up my dive log as enjoyably as I can ;-)

We've been diving in Punta Fuego, Nasugbu these past 2 week-ends in search of schools of Manta Rays, and while we didn't see any (the group that dove before us the 1st weekend reportedly saw an uncountable number of circus-performing Manta Rays; we had to dive at night that weekend due to a !@#$% booking problem), the coral reefs, compared to Anilao, was awesome! 100% live corals visible 30m deep. If that's a regular site for the oldies, that was a sight to behold for a newbie like me ;-)

Problem is the resort there charges an "arm and a leg" per diver (from the point of view of locals), instead of allowing more divers to share a fixed fee. So we're looking for alternative options to dive there.

Regards,

Reggie

I think we need to try to get this moved to your Geographic forum...??

Oh, I'm not complaining - just trying to get you some help. We have a larger number of various forums and most of them are specialize in their usefulness, i.e. Local Information, Introductions, Medical, New & Basic Scuba, etc.

Hey there! :) Welcome to the board. Nice avatar. Was that taken at the Cathedral?
Anyway, I'd bite on that offer, but I'm currently stuck in Chicago... Tsk.

Thanks, Doc! Actually, no, but you're close, literally - it's of the shore of Dive & Trek, also in Anilao. If I remember right, Cathedral was on a plain or valley or whatever, while this cross was on a hill. So I just floated up from somewhere below, & e voila ;-)

Just yell whenever you unstuck yourself from Chicago!

Oh yeah. I was there last January. Its the Basilica, I think. You can actually access it from the bottom through a little swim-through cave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom