Looking for Eagles Nest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wallacm

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, I'm a new poster to the forum, but a long time reader. I am looking for Eagles Nest, I know how to get to the Chassahowitzka wildlife area, but from there I have no idea how to get to Eagles. If you would either reply or PM me with directions and I would be very greatful.

wallacm:
Hey guys, I'm a new poster to the forum, but a long time reader. I am looking for Eagles Nest, I know how to get to the Chassahowitzka wildlife area, but from there I have no idea how to get to Eagles. If you would either reply or PM me with directions and I would be very greatful.

I'd highly recommend that when you dive Eagles Nest for the first time, you go there with someone who has dove it before and is familiar with the system. There's some more info at http://www.tampadiving.com/sections/diving/cave_systems/system.asp?ID=26

Hope this helps :)

Safe diving,

Rich

Rich-I agree. Eagle's Nest has claimed a lot of divers,including a few of the best.

Wallacm,

In order to dive Eagles Nest there are some prerequisites to have such as the number of cave dives and the gas cert. These were made when the site was opened to permit diving there. The intent is to ensure a certain profficiency level of understanding. I agree with Rich Courtney is you have not ben there go with someone who has

Thanks all very much, I have decided not to go there anytime soon due to the visibility. Have talked with a few people at a LDS and they were saying its only like 5-10 ft. It will be done in the future I've been waiting for 4 years now to get the certs to do it.

It is good that a person diving this place has the requiste training,but it is very unforgiveable for mistakes. Due to the extreme depth things happen very quickly. Even if you have an experienced buddy,buddy seperation can occur and then I'd become dependent on skill. I would encourage someone diving there have a lot of experience prior to an attempting a dive there.

karstdvr:
I would encourage someone diving there have a lot of experience prior to an attempting a dive there.
I agree with Kelly, Rick & Rich 100%.

WallaCM,

Please note that the cautions being given here are ALL by cave instuctors who've all done several thousand cave dives.

Eagles Nest is NOTHING to fool with. My instructor aborted a dive there a couple of weeks ago. And he's been diving caves for 20+ years. Have you done any other deep caves to prepare for the Nest?

I thank you all for your concern, I have decided to put it off for a while, although when I do pursue this dive, I am going to go with my LDS who has much experience with this site.

Thanks again

I don't think anyone wants to scare you, just want you to be safe so you can have fun at the Nest. If you think you may not be up for it, then the best course of action is the one you have chosen.

Best of luck, and be safe man!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom