Looking for Eagles Nest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wallacm:
I thank you all for your concern, I have decided to put it off for a while, although when I do pursue this dive, I am going to go with my LDS who has much experience with this site.

Thanks again

What LDS is that if I can ask? Just wondering...

wallacm:
I thank you all for your concern, I have decided to put it off for a while, although when I do pursue this dive, I am going to go with my LDS who has much experience with this site.

Thanks again

Where you planning on pursuing a "cavern dive" or "cave dive" at Eagle's Nest?

This site is a deep and very advanced cave dive. The NACD and NSS-CDS both recommend that you have the following MINIMUM qualifications to cave dive at Eagle's nest.
1. Full Cave Certification.
2. Trimix certification.
3. Appropriate experience with deep cave dives.

If you're pursuing a cavern dive. There are much better locations then Eagle's Nest. It only takes one badly placed fin kick to dump muck down the entrance tube and cause a silt out.

PerroneFord:
Have you done any other deep caves to prepare for the Nest?
What would you recommend as a training plan for someone, say, experienced Full Cave right out of the req. gas class? What other deep caves would you suggest?

Harvey's for a start...

You're a caver.. what would you do?

LOL!!

I didn't say simulate diving Eagles Nest on AIR!!

scubafool:
Get good and liquored up first?

You forgot getting geared up in full kit and hopping into your bathtub after getting liquored up. :)

OneBrightGator:
What would you recommend as a training plan for someone, say, experienced Full Cave right out of the req. gas class? What other deep caves would you suggest?

Beuford is a nice cave in the nest area, and it also teaches you how to carry your equipment through deep mud, water and maybe a few snakes.

Good dive though

PerroneFord:
Harvey's for a start...

You're a caver.. what would you do?
Dunno, probably talk with my gas instructor to get his feelings on my skill and experience, dive with a couple of the guys I know and trust and who are experienced there and see what they have to say, but I don't have much desire to dive Eagle's Nest right now.

You seemed to have the knowledge and experience to suggest a successful training path, so I was just wondering...

Thanks for the advice Curt, but I'm more of a tourist cave diver then hardcore. :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom