Looking for Eagles Nest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morgen's Sink, Diepolder System, Waynes World can also be added the lot. But first get the training.

OneBrightGator:
You seemed to have the knowledge and experience to suggest a successful training path, so I was just wondering...

Cute...

I know who to ask when the time comes.

Thanks, but remember, you gave the advice, not me.

GDI:
Morgen's Sink, Diepolder System, Waynes World can also be added the lot. But first get the training.
Diepolder before Eagles Nest? Both or just one? From training dives my friends have done and talking with those who have done all three I thought the Nest before Diepolder.

Actually I might say Morgan's can be a little more difficult in the sense gas planning has to allow for a river cave that is a syphon. I've been in there where I rode the syphon in,and kicked like **** to get out.

OneBrightGator:
Thanks, but remember, you gave the advice, not me.

Diepolder before Eagles Nest? Both or just one? From training dives my friends have done and talking with those who have done all three I thought the Nest before Diepolder.

Yes and some of these systems require guides like Diepolder, Morgan does need to be timed for its usage and Waynes World is good, not deep but dark and silty. In any case have your training and act together before diving these systems.

What used to be ( I say used to be because this is changing in my opinion) the #1 reason for cave diving fatalities among trained cave divers was deep. Deep deserves respect,deep with an overhead needs very serious respect.

My opinion: the environment of Deep Cave is the most hazardous diving environment a non-military, non-commercial diver can enter.

If/when you decide to undertake deep cave diving do it on trimix - and do it with an END of 100 feet or less. Do it with a guide/buddy who has been in the cave before, preferably in the cave many times.

I only know a very few people who I would suggest undertaking these first few dives with. Anyone is welcome to PM me for the short list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom