Looking for - One breath backup DSMB - See attached photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a WTB post up for the DSS dmsb and got a few responses here on the board recently. I'm no longer in the market but you might try a WTB post if you're looking for one. Or contact the people that responded to my original post.

not sure if it is the same diameter, but those valves always rot out and fail after a while. If you contact Carter lift bags, they MAY sell you a few of those one way valve assemblies. You have to use hot water to remove the valve from the tube.

I was going to suggest the same thing. I have one of the Carter SMBs with what looks like the same oral inflate valve, and it failed years ago. I emailed them, and they sold me a handful of replacement valves at a reasonable price.

Teclinediving sell metal and plastic replacement valves. Use boiling water to remove the defective one and replace.

Thanks everyone who has replied with tips and tricks on how to replace the valve and where from.
I'll definitely pursue that avenue before a WTB, but its good to know that theyre still out there. Incredible but simple piece of kit.

I have one of them as well where the valve failed. The valve is a Halkey roberts, 730ROA oral inflation valve.

Years ago we wrote to Halkey and got some replecement valves, but even with good fresh water rinse practices, eventually the spring rusts out. This last time I gave up and jammed on of these in the red tube - (generic link) https://www.lowes.com/pd/Proline-Se...VfRetBh1huQihEAQYBSABEgI2lfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then put one of these in the end. Camelbak Bottle Bite Valves

Works fine, no more metal parts to corrode.

Good Luck, they are sweet little DSMB's.

Back
Top Bottom