Looking For Snow over Christmas (Trade)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone I have been up most of the night searching out all these places but now my eyes are getting very sleepy. So I will pick this back up after my morning coffee. Places are getting booked really fast I guess not everyone looks for warm and sunny for the winter months.
Thanks again for everyones help. Oh something funny my 10 yr old said mom if I wear my wet suit under his clothes would he stay warm. LOL
Becky

Alaska, there is more snow than anybody needs. Lots to see and do here. It started snowing here last week and it will be here till march.

Oh something funny my 10 yr old said mom if I wear my wet suit under his clothes would he stay warm. LOL
Becky
Ya know…not so funny as you think. Back in the dark ages (I was born before dirt) my first neoprene was a ski suit, can’t remember who made them. It was a whole lot warmer than skipants yet provided the same visual impact. (In the maritime climate of Alyeska, Alaska with base at 30’ a mile from the Cook Inlet, I also had a full Helly Hansen suit as precious ski attire, going first class up from garbage bags.)
If you think getting a wetsuit off in Florida is less than fun, just imagine where that inside dampness was not ocean but manmade. They never seemed to catch on and perhaps as the trick was to keep moving. No sitting around in the bar or I’d never warm back up enough again to chip off the car windows and get home to peel it off. (Bet ya never had your sweat freeze and leave little lacerations in back of your knees.)

Thanks everyone I have been up most of the night searching out all these places but now my eyes are getting very sleepy. So I will pick this back up after my morning coffee. Places are getting booked really fast I guess not everyone looks for warm and sunny for the winter months.
Thank again for everyones help. Oh something funny my 10 yr old said mom if I wear my wet suit under his clothes would he stay warm. LOL
Becky

Remember that you can drive into Canada without a passport but will need them to fly. Just a though in case you do not all have them.

If you do decide to ski when you find your location I highly recommend getting a place to stay that has a jacuzzi. You're going to find muscles you never knew you had :wink:
My personal favorite winter place is Steamboat, Colorado. We've been out there twice and gone to Dutch Creek Ranch for the sleighride and dinner after skiing Steamboat.
Ber :lilbunny:

I would think Airfare would be the toughest challenge for this year. I know I booked my flights from Colorado to Florida for Christmas a month ago and the price has just gone up from then.

Nobody can guarantee snow, especially if you want snow. At risk of starting a family joke that will haunt you for life, you could take your kids to Buffalo or Cleveland for Christmas! Cold Canadian air blowing across the still-unfrozen Great Lakes tends to leave a lot of snow in its wake.

Back
Top Bottom