Looking For Snow over Christmas (Trade)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too bad you weren't here last night, we got 10 to 12 inches in 24 hours. Shoveling snow really sucks.

KEWL! Glad the package made it, you're quite welcome!

We have snow on the ground right now, maybe 3 inches or so and it's still falling and very pretty. I highly recommend getting up before sunrise and going for a walk while the snow falls before traffic gets moving, it's VERY peaceful.

Gotta be careful wanting 3-6 feet of snow around here, you can lose children attempting to make snow angels in that :wink: There's nothing quite like trying to walk in snow when you're sinking in to your hip every time you take a step :11:

Here's a link
to Ohio's DOT web cams. It takes a couple tries to get the hang of using the site but it's fun :D Click on "Web Cameras" and then "apply filter" then you run your mouse over the purple globs that represent multiple cameras and click when the name of an intersection pops up.

A conch invading Ohio isn't all that odd but a conch invading Ohio in DECEMBER is downright insane :rofl3:

BTW, Steve likes it when women walk up and say "Hey little boy..." :rofl3::eyebrow::rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

Sorry had to move my forecaster Mrs. Ber (I love this web cam) the boys said Sweeeet

Fair warning, the drivers in Columbus tend to be aggressive but they aren't usually horn blowers. Cutting off and being cut off tends to be the norm (but it's done politely) until you get away from the Columbus traffic then Ohioans drive like normal people. It's like driving on another planet over there.

Columbus traffic is nothing compared to Miami. If the thought of heading up I-95 to the Sawgrass mall doesn't phase you (other than the travel time), you're golden. The drivers in Columbus know where they are going and they will get there. Drivers in Miami (some, and certainly nobody who would be reading this :D) behave like schizophrenic cats on speed.

I've got snow in minnesota right now, about a foot. Lodging is gonna be $80-140 a night in my area around the holidays but if you come up mid january its cheaper.

Columbus traffic is nothing compared to Miami. If the thought of heading up I-95 to the Sawgrass mall doesn't phase you (other than the travel time), you're golden. The drivers in Columbus know where they are going and they will get there. Drivers in Miami (some, and certainly nobody who would be reading this :D) behave like schizophrenic cats on speed.

:rofl3: OMG you are so right on target with that one:rofl3:

:rofl3: OMG you are so right on target with that one:rofl3:

My brother worked for the U of Miami for several years, and last year I had a dive buddy living in Coconut Grove (he's back in Ohio now). :wink:

The boys last day of school is tomorrow and it's just a BIG PARTY for them. Denis is having a big pancake breakfast and Movie. Tyler's class is having a PJ party with Santa coming to visit all the girls and boys in thier class room, they wear thier PJ's to school and they are having hot chocolate, and cookies when santa comes, they open thier gifts and party for the rest of the day with everything under the sun to eat (good and bad for thier teeth).

Ok you Dork Divers we are ready for our Big Adventure to the snow.

23rd - Christmas lights at the zoo (I think) and whatever else we can get oursleves into while their.

24th- Sight seeing playing in snow I hope with snowmobiles (not jetskis as someone PM'd me and gave me the heads up on what is used for snow:rofl3:)

26th and 27th - Going to the ski lodge to try snowboarding and tubing. will have hot tubs and room service:eyebrow: Yeah Baby that one's for me!!!!

28th- Caves in the park I forgot the name but it has been mentioned here.

29th - Museum's and keeping an eye on Steve so he can't say to my boys, lick a pole and see what happens:shakehead::rofl3: But I think Ber Rabbit can keep him in check:wink:
30th ? I have no idea yet:popcorn: any thoughts

Becky

30th ? I have no idea yet:popcorn: any thoughts

COSI Columbus | Hands-on Science Center
It looks like COSI will be open. Probably good for a few hours.

There's also a Dave & Busters if you want the kids to play video games for awhile.

I need to run but I'll try to think of something...:D

Here's a couple more. I'm trying to think of kid things.

Magic Mountain has two locations and is basically an arcade.
Magic Mountain Fun Centers - Come Play!

You could visit the OSU campus. Not a whole lot to do, but it is huge and has some neat buildings.
Welcome to Ohio State - www.osu.edu

There's the Newport aquarium, but you're looking at a 2+ hour drive (it's in Kentucky). There's an indoor water park about 2 hours the other direction (Sandusky?). Interested in ghosts? How about a hike in the hills of south east Ohio?

Hmm, I'm having trouble thinking of places that aren't bars or wineries...

Back
Top Bottom