Looking For Snow over Christmas (Trade)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not really a make-up person but good heavens 3oz bottles is all that is allowed for you to bring:11: Who sells make-up in 3oz bottles. I use sheer cover which is a order that comes in the mail to me every 3 months. My question is how do you bring your make-up? And do they freak about it being powder make-up. Most of my containers are 14oz.
And perfume what do I spray all my clothes before I put them in my suit case. I don't think my boys are going to like smelling like Par Amour :rofl3: and both my boys have thier own they use.
Good Lord we will smell like street walkers!!!!
and with no make-up what a sight that would be.:rofl3:

Any help would be great at this point.
Becky

I don't mean this to be derogatory or anything, but just to clarify the situation for the sake of a more appropriate answer, I get the impression from your surprise that you don't fly often, and that you might be in a hurry for at least some sort of answer, even if it's incomplete or maybe not even 100% accurate (up to date). So based on that:

The 3 oz. limit is for stuff you're carrying in your cabin carry-on. No limits on stuff in checked baggage. One tip: Fluids in checked bags should be sealed inside zip lock bags (with all the air pressed out) for your own protection, in case they leak. The air pressure changes can do that.

At one time, all your 3 oz. containers had to be non-opaque. (Lost track if that's still the case.) Containers have to be carried in a separate clear plastic bag (zip lock type preferred) no bigger than one quart. (Still the case, last I heard. Never paid much attention since I try not to carry on fluids any more.) At one time, there was also a max on the total amount of liquid. No idea about now. There are also exemptions for prescription medicines and infant formula. Your ticket should have a link to the TSA/Homeland Security web site listing more details as to exact limits (if you're interested or feel like you need to know). Sorry, don't have it handy right now.

Alternatives: Many hotels have taken to supplying more toiletries since there's more demand, especially from business travellers on short trips who don't want the bother checking baggage (or potential headaches, if you get unlucky). Some people, particularly on longer vacation trips, will go to a store at their destination for the more commonly available toiletries, to avoid the hassle of carrying it yourself (i.e. weight and volume), and leave it behind at the end of the trip. (Smaller containers have become more popular because of this.)

Also (probably not terribly relevant to you, but since you mentioned it), quite a few manufacturers have recently started selling stuff in <3 oz. quantities specifically because of these limits. :D

Best of luck.

I think I was 8 the last time I was on a airplane. We were leaving Frankfurt Germany coming back to the States. So it's been a while. My traveling has always been automobile which has worked up till now. It was the checked baggage I could not find last night I found the carry-on list and was thinking that was all I could have but if I can bring my stuff in the big luggage I should be ok then.
Thank you,
Becky

IN JUST 11 DAYS WE WILL BE:sleigh:IN READY TO MAKE:laughsnow: I AM SURE YOU WILL HEAR US WHEN WE GET OFF THE SLEIGH :yeahbaby:WE ARE HERE!!!!! WE ARE HERE!!!!!
eek.gif
:11::11::11: IT IS COLD!!!! IT IS COLD!!!!! OMG IT'S SOOOOO COLD HERE find the car kids find the car. Goosh I hope they have it all warmed up for us. :sad2: guess not kids but that's ok it will be warm by the time we get to Janes house in a couple of hours.:rofl3:

Counting down the days!!!!!!

Becky

Snow is falling! We have 4-6 inches :wink: expected by tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, we're warming up next week and might almost reach 50! Christmas Eve is looking wet rather than white. :(

I know I saw that :( Well we are going to W Penn for a couple of days staying in a condo to hit the slopes. The kids and I are going to try snowboarding and tubing. :D So if no snow at least it can be blown in. I am still hoping for snow in Ohio, I would love the kids to have a White Christmas.
I have saved everyones numbers so we can all get together while we are thier. Heck I might have to call on you if I keep making the circle around the airport, but I'll won't call unless I am on my 20th trip:rofl3:
Becky

How about flying to Boston, Doing the city for a day or so and then head for the mountains in Vermont. It will be a nice drive and Vermont has great inns and B&B to stay in.
Just a thought.

Becky, if you are going to be headed north on I-71 out of Columbus toward Cleveland DON'T take the Cleveland Ave exit. One area has a sign on the bypass that says "I-71 N, Cleveland" then there's a "Cleveland Ave" sign nearby because that's the next exit.

Fair warning, the drivers in Columbus tend to be aggressive but they aren't usually horn blowers. Cutting off and being cut off tends to be the norm (but it's done politely) until you get away from the Columbus traffic then Ohioans drive like normal people. It's like driving on another planet over there.

Be careful driving if it starts to snow. My mother-in-law and I were out Saturday morning about an hour after the snow started waiting to make a left turn out of a store when we watched what we thought was going to turn into an 8 car pile-up. The drivers weren't paying attention to what was going on in front of them then having to slam on their brakes and do some creative sliding to avoid smacking the cars that had just slid to a stop. Luckily nobody hit anyone, nobody ended up in the ditch and nobody was coming the other direction.

Some cars have trouble starting to move in the snow so if you see someone stopped you need to slow down and prepare to stop because they may spin the tires for several seconds before they can move. That also means you want to make sure there is plenty of distance between cars when you go to pull out into traffic because you may pull part way out and find yourself momentarily stuck with traffic bearing down on you. Left hand turns out of parking lots or side roads are particulary hazardous because there may be a ridge of snow between the lanes that bogs you down and the turning motion can make you slide. BTW, if you see someone sideways in the lane in front of you start slowing down because they might not make it out of your way in time (that's what caused the near pile up we watched).
Ber :lilbunny:

I'll be careful
eh.gif
I don't drive fast ever. Will be in on the 23rd at 11:30am if anyone wants to come and be my saving grace:rofl3: just kidding we will be ok:rofl3:
I'll be the driver looking like this
eye-popin.gif
:rofl3:
5 days left in the Sunny Florida Keys. counting down:luxhello:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom