http://www.diveheart.org/

Looking for Survey participants on Diver Travel Behavior for master thesis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done !

I tried to answer, but it kicked me out toward the end.

Done, but I think the survey is skewed, the premise is divers and the transportation is the key, my opinion is the tourism industry and specifically cruise ships cause more damage than the diving community.

Many smaller islands (take Bonaire as an example) are simply overrun with tourists and the cruise ship passengers don't add enough value to the marine environment compared to their cost, yes I think they should be banned!

Thank you for your participation!
Yes I agree with you. Bonaire is just one of many. I worked in Playa and Cozumel and in Cabo San Lucas. All these places are overrun by cruise ship people. And they are the most irresponsible....The cruise ship industry supports everything that is wrong with tourism. There are enough researches about the harm of a cruise ships/ oil rigs, etc. I want to specifically look into the divers behavior. I don't say that divers are the problem, they are one of many. I try to understand what they are doing to prevent it themselfs.

It’s likely to be because you didn’t give the required responses. A rigged survey to ensure it supports the point of view of the author.

I'm sorry you think that way. There are enough answer possibilites for you to say no. For me it is important that you participate and show this to me, so I can work with it. Thank you

Done
There's no way to go back.

I did it, but the survey seems like a a blunt instrument for confirming your hypothesis that divers will support paying more to dive if doing so makes them feel better about ravaging the planet.

I did it, but the survey seems like a a blunt instrument for confirming your hypothesis that divers will support paying more to dive if doing so makes them feel better about ravaging the planet.

And I think the conclusion will be highly incorrect, but I think the survey is designed to make this point, however the reality is much more complicated, most divers are limited by time, money and association only a small % have the flexibility that would be needed to select an eco-friendly option (if there was one) and even fewer will vote using eco-friendliness as a criteria ($ and convenience will win in most cases I suspect).

I believe divers are very environmentally aware in general but awareness does not give them the ability to choose in many cases, however I think the survey has the advantage of making everyone that filled it in think for a sec (or 2).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom