looking for Tobin, suggestion for BP/W set up >

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so if we then used a HP 100 for the set up, can you reccomend something?

as mentioned im not looking to buy right now, probably wont be until christmas time at the earliest. i just want to know what to look for, product comparison, price factors, you already gave me information as to do a single set up instead of doubles, and a separate set up for thin suites vs thick suites.

i go on so many differenct scuba sites looking for wings, but not sure exactly what im looking for in terms of a wing and harness set up. i do like the hybrid back inflates that offer the snaps up front. i know its not a true tech rig, but im not a true tech diver. im a diver who likes a back inflate over a jacket.

so if we then used a HP 100 for the set up, can you reccomend something?

as mentioned im not looking to buy right now, probably wont be until christmas time at the earliest. i just want to know what to look for, product comparison, price factors, you already gave me information as to do a single set up instead of doubles, and a separate set up for thin suites vs thick suites.

i go on so many differenct scuba sites looking for wings, but not sure exactly what im looking for in terms of a wing and harness set up. i do like the hybrid back inflates that offer the snaps up front. i know its not a true tech rig, but im not a true tech diver. im a diver who likes a back inflate over a jacket.

Buoyancy Compensators are used to compensate for the change in buoyancy of your exposure suit.

If you are wearing a 2mm dive skin that's 1-2 lbs positive you cannot loose much buoyancy as you descend.

OTOH if you are using a drysuit that *might* be 25-30 lbs positive it's possible to loose all that buoyancy in the event of a total failure of the suit.

It should be pretty clear that you'd need a larger capacity bc with the more buoyant dry suit.

I need to know the buoyancy of the suit you will be suing with this gear.

If you don't need the BC right now, take my advice and test your drysuit for buoyancy. Then I'll have the information I need to do my job properly.

Tobin

I also agree with Tobin about HP80 being too short for bp/w setup especially if you are cold water diving using wings in 30lb range. The wing is longer than the tank, making it susceptable for pinching. The shortest tank I would use is HP100/LP80 type, 24" in height without valve.

As for harness, I started out with DiveRite transplate (so called comfort) harness. Used it for about a year, very hassitate to change to hogarthian harness, but I did just a few monthes ago. I would never go back to comfort harness now. So don't waste your money on those harness. Sometime the simplest is the most effective and most comfortable.

Hey Tobin,

Can you do me a favor. I have been having a similar discussion on another thread, almost at this same time. Can you read the thread, ALOT of DSS talk has come up, and based on ME and MY situation, what you think YOU and DSS can do for me.

Here is the link:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...-systems/398036-good-rec-maybe-tech-bp-w.html

BTW, I am 5'6, 160lbs, single-tank (not my own so usually an AL80 or an EAN tank), tropical saltwater diving in South FL.

Thanks and I appreciate the advice and assistance.

USVet

im getting very confuded, very fast. lol... all this discussion in regards to weight lift is based off how many tanks ill be diving with, exposure suit, and bladder size, correct? that being the case, im able to shop locally for a comfortable backplate and harness set up i like in the mean time because there somewhat universal, correct?

and if thats the case all i would need to do is have the correct wing for the correct environment, correct?

im trying to uncofude myself because i am SOOOO confused right now:depressed:

im getting very confuded, very fast. lol... all this discussion in regards to weight lift is based off how many tanks ill be diving with, exposure suit, and bladder size, correct? that being the case, im able to shop locally for a comfortable backplate and harness set up i like in the mean time because there somewhat universal, correct?

and if thats the case all i would need to do is have the correct wing for the correct environment, correct?

im trying to uncofude myself because i am SOOOO confused right now:depressed:

Go reread my posts, the info is there.

I'm happy to help, but this may not be the best venue.

If you want give me a call. 626-799-5074. I'm around most days M-F 9-5 in Southern California.

Tobin

ill give you a call this week and hopefully get this figured out. my head hurts now. lol

Which other manufacturer gives us divers this level of support?

(Not to mention telling a diver NOT to buy his product, at least not yet.)

Tobin's a class act.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom