Looking For Venturi Retainer For G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancurrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have a G250 in bad shape which I am restoring. It is missing the venturi flow vane retainer ring (probably corroded and fell off). Does anyone know where to get this part or equivalent from (seems standard non-scuba industry part, but which one)?

I've got a few, PM me with your snail mail address and I'll get one to you.

I found that 8mm was the best fit for inside diameter. I used standard E-clips but the outside diameter is a little to big and the the clip could only be inserted from one direction and work properly. The c-clip style you found looks like it would work better if the right size is available in small quantities.

The minimum order quantity is 6, which is reasonable. I am thinking of trying to see what will happen. Would be nice to find a good alternative of the original retainers (couv is kindly sending me a sample). I think it is not entirely uncommon for these retainers to corrode away and fall off since they are thin and exposed to water. I will just need to see what other parts I would like to try from this distributor before placing an order. I will keep you posted

Just make sure that you look at the details for the ring dimensions before you order. These type of clips are sometimes sold by the shaft diameter not the groove diameter which is the important dimension. The 8mm clips I mentioned are actually 6mm or 0.236 inch diameter at the groove dimension.

In the US the 01.073.250 retainer rings are still available if you find a SP dealer willing to sell them to you.

If you don't find the right ones, you can p.m me.

I purchased some from Mc Master Carr. I'm pretty sure the product number is 98808A340
McMaster-Carr

As usual Couv is correct...
98808A340 is a perfect match

As usual Couv is correct...
98808A340 is a perfect match

Almost perfect. These work fine, but are a bit more resistant to installing than the original ones. Could be the tickness, material flexibility - not sure exactly. On the up side, they seem sturdier than ScubaPro's and hopefully will be more durable. Great find!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom