Looks like Joe's is getting a little interesting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would hate to think of what it is like! So what was the write up about?

Click on the link, its a pretty entertaining read. I guess the party has gained a little unwanted attention...

I was out there a couple days last week with students. I will only go out there weekday mornings now due to the crowds. I understand why Joe has opened up for swimmers but it does suck for us divers. The underwater attractions are being destroyed and there is trash all over the quarry floor. I quit picking up any trash I swim by. The water smells like 1000's of people have pissed in it and when you take your wetsuit off, it about makes you sick. Oh wait, 1000's of people have pissed in that quarry. BTW, the windshield on the police car has been kicked in and sharp glass is exposed. Be careful!

Sounds like maybe, it should be getting that kind of attention.

Yes, the place should be getting the attention from the auth. Watch out, the cops are targeting vehicles that leave the quarry not to mention the drunks that are dangerous after a day of partying out there!

Thanks for the link JP. Interesting read.

If FR is considered a 'Public Water Park' does it not require periodic water quality checks?

Just wondering......

So sad to see the state of things, but it sounds like Joe is making quite the profit. Not sure I can blame him, but it certainly isn't a place I'd want to dive!

We have a place up here in east central IN ... Hidden Paradise (St. Paul, IN) ... which is a campground and allows swimming. The difference is that they don't put up with the drunken red neck crowd. It's a family campground and they work hard to keep it a family environment. While they do have issues at times, they work very hard to keep it family friendly.

It works as both a dive site and swimming hole. But only because of their hard work and diligence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom