Looks like there is going to be...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leesa, congratulations! :D That's wonderful news!
I just got married 2 weeks ago on the beach, very simple, no wedding party, and the 40 or so guests stood by for the ~10 minute ceremony. It was rather beach-themed as it turned out, although it was not planned that way, things like starfish played heavily in the decor. It was perfect.
We all trudged through the sand afterward to a nearby martini bar for the reception. It was simple and easy to plan, and was way better than we ever imagined it would be. And we both got married with bare feet! :)

Hey hey Sue! I know you were talking about it...just didn't know when! Congrats :D
yeah, I don't want to go all out and have a BIG reception....Sounds like a plan.
Thanks for posting the pic....did you have invites? did you get them online?

Thanks! I did have invitations, I got mine at Ashton wedding invitations. I had these.
I know, I know, a LOT plainer than yours! :D
They were about $200 for about 75 or 100 (I forget, but I sure do have a lot leftover). Much cheaper than Crane's Stationery, which is really nice, but REALLY pricey!

Those are nice, very classic. Hope you saved one for your album :D
Since that's what I had the first time around, time for something different:wink:

Lisa,

You have my sincere heart felt congratulations. I wish I could be there and give the bride a great big sloppy kiss. Turtleguy is a lucky fella, I am sure he knows. May you both have as wonderful a relationship as I have with Donna.

Joanne and I married on a short boardwalk overlooking Deerfield Beach. A cantor friend presided. 20 chairs for close friends and family, a sand ceremony replaced the circle of rings, background music by brother Isreal Kamakawewe'ole. Retired to a joint on the bay for reception, with japanese cranes (origami) and some inflatable fish. Then boarded a boat for a night dive with friends to top off the day. One of the better ceremonies if I do say so myself.

Enjoy the planning as much as the day. The nice thing about doing this as a grown up is that you get to do it your way.

Keep us informed.

You could also do your own invitations on the computer. I did the invitations for my dad's wedding last year. They only needed about 20 invitations and I could personalize it to their desires.

DennisW:
Lisa,

You have my sincere heart felt congratulations. I wish I could be there and give the bride a great big sloppy kiss. Turtleguy is a lucky fella, I am sure he knows. May you both have as wonderful a relationship as I have with Donna.

Thanks Dennis....A sloppy kiss can cross the miles when the time comes :wink: You and Donna are definately positive role models for us.

MB:
Joanne and I married on a short boardwalk overlooking Deerfield Beach. A cantor friend presided. 20 chairs for close friends and family, a sand ceremony replaced the circle of rings, background music by brother Isreal Kamakawewe'ole. Retired to a joint on the bay for reception, with japanese cranes (origami) and some inflatable fish. Then boarded a boat for a night dive with friends to top off the day. One of the better ceremonies if I do say so myself.

Enjoy the planning as much as the day. The nice thing about doing this as a grown up is that you get to do it your way.

Keep us informed.

Your wedding sounds picture perfect. What song of Brud-dah IZ did you have playing? Now that my weekend with ARC is done I have a bit more time to do some looking and planning... :wink:

kittyjg:
You could also do your own invitations on the computer. I did the invitations for my dad's wedding last year. They only needed about 20 invitations and I could personalize it to their desires.

Is also a good option. Where did you get the paper from? Or did you cut it yourself?

Avery #3378. It is heavyweight half-fold cards. Comes 30 to a box and includes envelopes. Works with Publisher or the Avery program. I think you can download the program from Avery for free from their site. I bought 2 boxes and only used about 1/2 of one. I am using the rest as blank notes for mostly thank you's. I bought them at Walgreens, but I have seen it at Office Max. Probably K-mart also.

Congrats on the wedding. Hawaii would be great!

sapphire:
Well, the easiest invitation is just a thread here on ScubaBoard, full of smilies, inviting ALL of us to dive into the waters of Hawaii and help you and TurtleGuy celebrate!
I would ask DandyDon to help out on the colour scheme and smilies to use (he seems to have a good handle on them) as well as appropriate font sizes for the invites :wink:

Congrats to you and your future hubby. Glad that whole deal worked out moving from where you were (Red Sea or somewhere like that IRRC) all the way out to HI on an internet meeting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom