Looks like United not going to reduce November schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I think (unlike the past 7 months ), United is going to fly all of the flights on the schedule for November to Cozumel (with some time changes ). United had cancelled Wednesday flights for August and October about 4 weeks before start of the month but looks like those are a go for November. I got a scheduled departure time change notice a couple of days ago on my November flights (instead of a cancellation notice). Think it was the Wednesday flights that showed a departure time change. If you are connecting through Houston I would check your flights to make sure nothing blew up.

The mayor of Cozumel also noted the link below about “expanded” United service. This may just mean relative to October and not genuinely adding flights to their prior November schedule. Looks like there are Sunday flights , I think they might have already been there but not 100 percent certain.

Bottom line , my own departure time change notice and the press release about expanded United service makes feel pretty good about the November schedule (for a change )

[United Airlines Plans to Increase Service on More than 40 Caribbean and Mexican Beach Routes in November]

I'd wait a bit before booking a flight. The dust has not yet settled from the massive layoff United announced a couple of days ago.

So, for as of now it looks like United will be doing Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday flights starting mid Nov. If true that will be great for us with business in the Houston area. But their Saturday flights have been full.

Dave Dillehay
Galveston

Only 19 known infections from flying this year...odds are slim.

That is why we went to Coz a month ago. While it is true that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, it is an indicator and we figured that if flying was such a risk then we would have been seeing lots of reports where people who flew got covid soon afterwards.

Went to Cozumel at the end of August this year and flew on United from Denver--no problems with flights going or returning. Just booked another trip to Cozumel for the first week in November out of Colorado Springs (where I live) on American with a good schedule. Two days later I received a schedule change from American airlines getting me into Cozumel two hours later--no biggie I can live with that. Then I saw my return flights---they gave me twelve minutes between flights to get off the plane, go through immigration and customs, get my luggage then recheck my bags, go back through security, change terminals and make it to my gate. Whew I don't know what I'd do with all that extra time on my hands. I had booked through Orbitz who sent me a email asking if I wanted to cancel which I promptly did. Went looking for another schedule that might work and ended up having to book my flights out of Denver again which put back in their non-stop flights to Cozumel---now waiting to see if after all the layoffs and flight cancellations my flights will go ahead as scheduled--time will tell.

On a side note it was announced yesterday that American was reducing November's system wide schedule by 50%. So far I do not see any reductions in the schedules for CZM or CUN. That does not mean it may not wreak havoc on connecting flights though. So far the tourist trade into CUN/CZM is one of the better areas in the recovery so far, I hope it holds post hurricane Delta.

What carriers are flying to Cozumel in November, just United and American? We are planning a last minute trip there since our October trip to Belize was canceled. We normally are Delta flyers. But from everything I have seen, they are not now or do not fly to CZE.

Just booked United from LAX for November4th-11th. After they added all the BS fees came to $454. They should have everything cleaned up from Delta by then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom