Losing a friend, and regret..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott, I am so sorry for your friend and what you are going through. I wish mere words could make it better. Please know that we're thinking of you and praying for your friend and his family.

Thoughts and Prayers to your friend, his family and you.

So sad....

Sorry to hear about this sad situation.

With him being as good a friend as you describe, he knows how you feel. But tell him anyway- it will do good for both your spirits.

As the others have said, our thoughts are with you.
Be well,
Mike

Sorry about your friend. Miracles do happen though so I will be sending a prayer out for him.

Tom Smedley:
I worked in the Intensive Care Unit at Clark Air Base in the Philippines during Viet Nam. We had numerous patients in comas - some lasting for several months. When they awoke, they told us everything that went on in the unit while they were "asleep". If you have something that you want to tell your friend - by all means go tell him. Chances are better than average that he will hear you.

That's comforting to hear...thanks for sharing...

Scott, I'm so sorry. I agree that you should still try and tell him. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family. -So tragic...

Just received an update from the immediate family...

Dear Friends & Family,

Thank you SO much for your prayers, e-mails, phone calls, & passing of information to others. Your prayers & support have helped guide our family as we continue to find our way. This morning we spoke with the new neurologist & he said that although there is evidence of some brain damage, there was more information from the MRI & EEG. In addition, Dad is now breathing on his own and has opened his eyes at different times. We are hoping that over the next 2 weeks he will continue to make progress so that the neurologist can assess where dad is functionally.

Your prayers are STILL greatly needed. We do not know what dad’s capabilities will be and we are praying for more clarity, guidance, & especially that dad will have a full recovery.

1 John 5:14-15 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him.”

Thanks,
Joanna

Back
Top Bottom