Lost diver in Tubataha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prandyulo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I heard on DZBB this morning that the chase boat of Hans Christian capsized and lost a Taiwanese diver. They were on search and recovery as of this morning. Any news update on this?

Search on for missing Chinese diver off Palawan
05/02/2011 | 09:35 AM

Philippine Navy officials in Palawan are searching for a Chinese diver who went missing off the Tubbataha Reef area after their boat encountered big waves and sank last weekend.

The Naval Forces West said the diver, initially identified only as Chang, 44, disappeared after waves buffeted the boat carrying eight other passengers, radio dzBB’s Palawan affiliate reported.

An initial information indicated the incident occurred last Saturday.

So far, the boatman and seven other passengers of the boat had been rescued, even as a Navy Islander plane was dispatched to the area to look for Chang. — RSJ, GMA News

We have a charter boat here in Puerto Princesa doing Tubbataha.
Sofar there are no updates, our boat is at the reef at the moment and the PCG and the Park Rangers are busy assisting in the search.
Weather in Tubbataha this year has been extreme and has changed quickly from calm to very rough.
HCA is expected back on tuesday, I am sure there will be more details then.

Thread rules noted; I had that in mind actually but my attention was focused on bringing it to the PPD's for information.

The latest:

Navy stops search for missing Chinese diver in Palawan - Regions - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News

After six days of fruitless searching, the Philippine Navy ended Friday its efforts to look for a Chinese diver who went missing off Tubbataha Reef in Palawan.

The Navy had dispached a patrol gunboat and an Islander plane to look for the diver, identified only as Chang, radio dzBB's Palawan affiliate reported Friday.

But the Navy issued a maritime advisory asking fishermen and passing ships in the area to notify it if they see tracees of the missing diver.

Chang had been missing for at least six days, even as Navy efforts to locate him with its Patrol Gunboat 385 proved futile, the report said.

An initial investigation showed Chang went missing off the Tubbataha Reef area after their boat encountered big waves and sank last weekend.

The Naval Forces West said Chang disappeared after waves buffeted the boat carrying eight other passengers.

The boatman and seven other passengers had been rescued. — RSJ, GMA News

Back
Top Bottom