Lost Diver Interview

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Se7en
Exactly the same way he did - sit there and believe that a possibly imaginary entity would get me out...
Trusting in an imaginary friend would give way to reality... fast....

But perhaps you would be able to maintain your composure Mike... perhaps... or do you just imagine that you could?

MARK ORR, RESCUED CAVE DIVER: Well, I was actually very patient and calm. I'm a Christian, and I pray all the time, and, you know, so it was nothing new to me to begin to pray, even in there. And when I began to pray, just a peace of God came over me, and I had no fear or worry at all.
Anyone who has ever been in that situation and felt that peace knows it for what it is. Mark was definately blessed in a very direct and personal way. He was further blessed by the efforts of the rescue team and I am sure that he is very greatful for both. I am also sure that his family is even more greatful. God loves and cares for stupid people too. In fact, I suppose we are all a little slow from his perspective. I think it is just nice that he created such a great sandbox for us to play and learn in. :)

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Trusting in an imaginary friend would give way to reality... fast....

But perhaps you would be able to maintain your composure Mike... perhaps... or do you just imagine that you could?

Of course I'm just imagining that I could... I've never been there, so imagine is all I can do. I'm pretty sure that I'll not be in that position anytime. The worst I've experienced is having to bivvy in the snow when the weather got a bit ugly on an XC ski trip. The pair of us on the trip weren't stressed, but those waiting for us were a bit...
(funny part of it was we were less than 3 k's from our destination when we made the decision to stop until the weather cleared)

I believe that I'll work hard at getting the skills required to make sure I can get out of where I get myself into, and self belief will keep me calm when things don't go as well as they might.

We can all have our own beliefs - for me, I prefer to believe in the quality of my gear, and my experience than in one of many competing ideologies. But I'm happy for everyone else to have whatever beliefs they like, provided they don't try to seperate me from mine.

ciao
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom