Lost Flash Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I lost a Dive Gear Express-- Max rechargeable flashlight today on Palancar Horseshoe. I think it might be on the end of Horseshoe in the shallow areas. It has a big stainless steel Caribbeaner type clip with a spring/latch type catch.
I have the charger. Any help in recovery would be appreciated.

I'm trying to imagine future archeologists in a million years, when the reefs of Cozumel have raised up out of the sea, and dozens of fossilized dive lamps, masks, snorkels, GoPro cameras, and other dive paraphenalia are recovered in archeological digs, explaining to our descendants how this was a place where a strange ancient civilization came to make sacrifices of personal kitsch to the gods of the sea.

Thanks, Manta_Man, for this small contribution to our collective goof on future archeologists.

Carabiner!!! TherE is a lesson to be learned here, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to imagine future archeologists in a million years, when the reefs of Cozumel have raised up out of the sea, and dozens of fossilized dive lamps, masks, snorkels, GoPro cameras, and other dive paraphenalia are recovered in archeological digs, explaining to our descendants how this was a place where a strange ancient civilization came to make sacrifices of personal kitsch to the gods of the sea.

Thanks, Manta_Man, for this small contribution to our collective goof on future archeologists.

Not to mention weight belts, pockets, and (at least in my case) ankle weight(s).

And another addition: My friend actually lost her REGULATOR overboard today. I guess they weren't over reef either, so it's an official sacrifice to God's of the sea as opposed to an item to post as a lost and found.

That can't be easy to do. There must be a story there...

I wasn't there, but she said the captain broke her gear down and put her reg inside the BCD (like I've seen them do before, but she hasnt). While en route, she held her BCD over the side of boat to drain the water out, not realizing her reg was with it. Reg fell out. She didn't realize it was her whole reg right away (said that if she did, she would have jumped in after it - which likely would have been hopeless anyhow). Unfortunately she had a ridiculously expensive set up and no dive insurance (the higher option that includes gear).

(Not the friend you met this morning, but another.)

One way to avoid that, and I've seen it in several locations, is to keep the rig hooked up to the power inflator, since what you are actually breaking down is only the tank/first stage connection.

That is a shame, though, especially if she had an integrated on-hose computer.

My sincerest condolences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom