Lost Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steven

Reaction score
Have anyone been to lost lake. I heard the vis is great. I was told it's south of Twin lakes off 288. I was also told there are a lot of fish and plant life. If you've been there, please give me some insight on this lake as well as direction.

I don't know who you've talked to but Lost Lake is one of the worst places I've dived. The vis can get to 6-8ft but I've only seen it that good once. It's situated right behind a barnyard and corral. and I mean right behind...as in it collects the corral run-off, if you get my meaning!

The entries are steep and slick in most places although there is one corner where you can walk in easily. There's plenty of plants in it but I've seen few fish and a couple of turtles.

While you're diving, the cats, geese and potbelly pig(s) that run loose will consider anything left on the ground free game. And you can imagine what there is to step in all over the place.

This is just my opinion after several dives there in desperation. The only way you'll know for sure is to check it out yourself, just make sure you pack your stuff and lock your car before getting in the water.

Sounds like lost lake needs to stay lost...

Dive often, dive safe.

John

Thanks Dee, I heard about this Lake from a dive instructor at the dive shop on Bay Area Blvd. I guess he thinks I'm a sucker for dirty water. I'm so glad there are forms like this were you can get a second opinion. As you stated, it sounds like this lake should stay lost.

One of the Instructors at Sport Divers likes to use Lost Lakes for some reason. He says it's close and handy to use, especially when someone can't make the 2 hr. drive to Blue Lagoon. But that's why I don't understand why they aren't using Twin Lakes...it's just around the corner and clean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom