Lost logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Obviously you've gotten some good advice here, I would also add, have a backup logbook. What I do is, I have a physical logbook and then I have an excel file on my computer which also has all my logged dives. That way if I lose one or the other, I still have all my information.

Obviously you've gotten some good advice here, I would also add, have a backup logbook. What I do is, I have a physical logbook and then I have an excel file on my computer which also has all my logged dives. That way if I lose one or the other, I still have all my information.

I scan my logbook to pdf as backup, and for portability.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3662000-post38.html

That's a good idea, I however use a Suunto Gekko computer and it's information can't be downloaded. I also like the feature of my computer logbook is that I can write much more than there is space for in my physical log. Also, I'm left handed and abhor writing by hand as all I do is smear ink all over the pages!

After reading this post I've set up an account with diverecord.com to keep a backup copy - just in case!

After reading this post I've set up an account with diverecord.com to keep a backup copy - just in case!

Thanks for the info Brian. I just set up an account there as well and have logged some of my previous dives and will log my future dives there as well.

Also, if you use a lds, most keep boat records. We keep a record of every boat trip, with diver information. We keep them for years. I have had people come to me and ask to go through them so they could reconstruct logbooks. It is documentation that you were on those dives. We even keep general times for first in, last out, surface intervals.... On our spreadsheet are water temps, tides.... If your lds is well organized, you should be able to get them back. If htey were out of town trips, your credit card will have dates and amounts so you can reconstruct from there.
At the end of the day, you don't want the absolute minimum dives required, so missing a few shouldn't be a huge deal. Two words. Dive computer. Easy and downloadable. You are set. And print out a spreadsheet every few months so you have a hard copy. Good Luck.

I have heard of the Gekko download but I'm uncomfortable hacking into a $200 piece of equipment. I'm content to just do it manually, A.K.A. I'm a baby

just a thought. keep copies of everything... logs, certification cards, etc. i went through a divorce about 5 years ago. my ex without my knowledge threw away my "c" cards and logs. they went back to 1977. was able to replace cards but the logs were gone. those were some tough times but time heals the heart. sometimes i catch myself daydreaming about the good times we had. the log books i mean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom