Will a dive operator really want to check my logbook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just a tech card and no questions asked. Prior to that I would get asked last dive, deepest etc. But the only time I was asked for proof was my DM and IDC.

I did have to submit my on board CCR downloaded dives for that cert.

A handful of years back, I was asked for my dive log by an outfit in La Paz Mexico. Most of the divers were directed to a dive boat holding 10 or so divers and asked me to hold back. After the boat had left, they brought in an inflatable boat with 2 motors hanging off the back. Two other divers and myself were invited aboard. There was a captain and one crew member. When they said "hold on", they weren't kidding! Captain/crew did not dive with us but briefed us on the site. Excellent dives, excellent day! First and only time I was asked for my log, but every time I think I don't need to log a dive, I think of that day.

Back
Top Bottom