Lots of jellyfish today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biotech Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove the Okinawa wreck off of Pompano today. Visibility on the first afternoon dive was ok. Seas were pretty calm and the north current was mild. Jellyfish were pretty bad. As soon as I did my giant stride into the water and started swimming to the anchor line I got stung in the leg by a jellyfish. All the jellyfish seemed to be between 20 feet and the surface. Easy to avoid if you’re paying attention.

I dove with South Florida Headquarters today. They are pretty awesome and everyone that works there are great! They run a safe operation from the front desk to the deck of the boat. Their skippers do a great job with the pre dive briefing and also looking out for the divers the water.

All in all it was a good dive and much better than sitting at home all day. I will post some pictures tomorrow. One more thing...I tried out the ScubaPro Seawing Nova Gorilla fins today. At first they felt strange and felt like they requested a lot of leg power but as I got used to them I found they really propelled you if you can put in the power. They worked great against the current and I found them very maneuverable. Frog kicks were not that great but it still worked. I found that big scissor kicks were not the best kick for these fins. Something between a fast flutter kick and a full scissor kick is what worked best for me. I think that if I build up my leg strength a little more I will get the full potential out of these fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom