Low back pain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erwin.kodiat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Read the PADI Medical Statement and found that someone with back problem should consult the physician and have a letter from the physician to permit us to do scuba diving.
I got low back pain last week but already healed now, is it dangerous to do the scuba diving? What is the implication?

The implication on the medical form is to release the agencies(PADI in this case) from liability or to avoid risk assumption.

As for your particular diving and the recent injury--it would all depend on how severe the injury was and the type of injury you had i.e. muscle pull, disc rupture, vertebral fractures etc etc.

My problem is muscle pull, but it often happen, my mother said that it is more on genetic problem. But according to my physician, I have to be careful when lifting up someting on the floor, never put the load on the back, but use hand instead.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom