Low Key Roatan Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
........ I was at CCV in October, arrived just after Wilma and Beta doused us with lots of rain while I was there. Didn't effect the diving!

:D

Dee you should have been there during Wilma, she stopped the diving for 2 1/2 days and we shamed them into the second half of the 3rd day. Shees, the waves were only 4ft, a nice day on the NC coast. Vis was around 6 inches in the front porch all week.

another vote for CCV... awesome people, great diving, good food, and if Pancho
gets to liking you, lots of wet dog around your legs

oh, also, $.75 cent beer at happy hour

oh yeah

Ugh beer is the last thing I want to think about after that St. Patty's night... but the dog's a plus, I have 3 back home and happened to basically adopt the resident canine at BIBR for the week we were there, lol.

We enjoyed Reef House Resort, very low key (which is our style - the wife & I), just a bit further away from the airport from CCV, on a sub-island off the cost from Roatan (a stone's throw). No gym. Newly remodeled by new owners who took posession just before our stay in April 2005.

The resident dog here is named Princessa, her son Ralph swims over from Roatan periodicaly to visit.

http://www.reefhouseresort.com/

PhillyDiver86:
Good info, you convinced me on CCV -- and I do happen to agree with you in terms of what I prefer to see on dives, it's all about the small stuff (although turtles will always be my favorite).

Only problem now is I just realized that I was misinformed about the end date of my internship that will be funding the trip... sooo looks like the soonest I'll be able to get down there will be about this time next year during my spring break. Hey at least I won't have to worry about hurricanes now, lol...

What time next year? I have our annual trip planned for May 26-June 2, 2007. In fact I've booked the whole resort! So if that fits in your time schedule, come join us!!!

Wish I could, I'd love to. But unfortunately my break falls a few months earlier and I doubt I would have the opportunity to get down during that week. Thanks though, maybe one of these years it'll happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom