Lp: Let's beat the dead horse!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my LDS, the guy is nice, knowledgeable hard working retailer. I like the convenience of being able to stop in and get the odd dive saving item and looking at the gear. However....

I can't justify sometimes paying twice the amount just so he can stay in business.

Example: I decided to move up to a Zeagle Ranger LTD. My LDS said he could get it for about $795.00 (he is a stocking Zeagle dealer but did not have one in stock)

LP had it for $465.00, I printed out the LP page brought it in and told my LDS that I would even pay him $50.00 over LP, he refused.

In short except for tanks (my LDS offers $1.00 fills for life on tanks bought from him) I haven't found much that LP doesn't sell way cheaper. as a result I've spent thousands with LP and only hundreds with my LDS.

I have always gotten great factory packaged stuff from LP, on the occasion when their was a problem with the item (mostly size) their customer service has been great. twice I've gotten the replacement item before I even mailed the old one back.

It seems that most of the guys on this board that trash LP have an agenda.

I too have only good things to say about LP. Every dealing I've had with them has been quick and well done. Their customer service people have always been polite and helpful. Thats not to say that I don't give my LDS a chance too. As a matter of fact I usually give him first crack at selling me something. On one reg that I bought, he actually beat the online prices for a reg, octo and computer package by 3 or 4 dollars.

LP is fast and painless. I buy things there that my LDS doesn't stock or non-life-support items.

Returns are not generally a hassle either.

To be fair, I always try and give my LDS a chance on each purchase; they need to make a "FAIR" profit also

Hmm,

Got an explination for all of the Smart Coms SP just replaced sold by LP?

They Did mine and now I've got the Warranty card!

t_bare

t_bare once bubbled...
Hmm,

Got an explination for all of the Smart Coms SP just replaced sold by LP?

They Did mine and now I've got the Warranty card!

t_bare

Yeah..... scubapro has my air X computer as well. But I bought mine from my LDS.

Why does the fact that scubapro recalls most of it's computers at one time or annother require an explanation from or about L.P.????

Its called the law.

Real defects have to be covered, as they are part of the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness, and do not depend on the seller being an "authorized dealer."

Ditto for recalls - you can't refuse to honor them because you don't like who sold the piece to the customer, or even if the customer who has it now is not the original owner.

1, S.P. makes a computer

2, L.P. sells the computer

3, S.P. recalls the computer

4, customer sends computer back

5, S.P. fixes / replaces the computer & sends it to customer

6, L.P. is at fault??? How???

Sean, is that SP/Uwatec has said REPEATEDLY (and in fact does in their signs posted in teh shops and on their web page) that if you buy from ANYONE other than an LDS they simply will refuse all warranty and other "service" related issues.

They won't, but its a nice (even if empty) threat.

The real question is why you would support a retailer who knowingly displays such threatening statements towards their customers.

When my S.P. air X died after 9 months well within warranty period I took it in to the LDS that i bought it from....

my LDS told me I should send it back......

I did and they are working on it (I hope)

Whoa,

LP not at all at fault!

My point was supposed to be "ScubaPro took responsibility for equipment sold by LP."
(I would think they could I.D. a Fake) :mean:

I am a very satisfied LP customer and wish the LDS could compete.

t_bare

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom