Lp: Let's beat the dead horse!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure what you mean....

I support my LDS because the reasons I mentioned above:
I love my LDS, the guy is nice, knowledgeable hard working retailer. I like the convenience of being able to stop in and get the odd dive saving item and looking at the gear.

I buy S.P.. stuff occasionally, my air X and one of my 3 reg sets cause I think their stuff is OK.

But bought my Zeag. Rang. LTD and suit at L.P. cause they were almost half the cost of the LDS.

My HP 120s I bought from my LDS cause they were about the same price as L.P. when you figured in VIS, $1.00 fills for life etc.

I guess I'm passively loyal to my LDS and like to think that I'm doing something to keep him around but I am not going to pay significantly more for something just to support his shop.

the speed of our thoughts exceded my typing ability:)

Ok,

I have found LP to have good prices, and good service.
I have found some LDS to have good service but noncompetitive prices.

I prefer to patronize my favorite LDS... but, when I buy items for $600 at LP vs $900+tax locally, that is a deal breaker.

t_bare
(Sean, I think we have the same point)

t_bare once bubbled...
Ok,

I prefer to patronize my favorite LDS... but, when I buy items for $600 at LP vs $900+tax locally, that is a deal breaker.

t_bare
(Sean, I think we have the same point)

Now your getting the hang of it

Sean326 once bubbled...
I guess I'm passively loyal to my LDS and like to think that I'm doing something to keep him around but I am not going to pay significantly more for something just to support his shop.

--------------------------------------------------------------
t_bare once bubbled...
Ok,

----------------------------------------------------------------

pretty much the same thought....

From what I understand LP has a small storefront located in the Bronx somewhere.

My question is this - are regulators sold directly from their storefront covered by warranty? What are the particular details of what qualifies a store to sell ScubaPro equipment with a warranty? Is it that they have to have a certified ScubaPro technician on hand? Or is it on-a-whim?

If in fact they are selling warranted equipment via walk-in's - what legal authority allows ScubPro to deny those same regulators sold through the same facility via the internet or phone, a warranty?

What if I were handicapped and could not leave my home? (forget the issue that I may not be diving - I am speaking in generalities here)? Would that not be discriminatory?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom