Luggage destroyed in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texmaxdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just landed in Coz and one of our dive bags was shredded. Looks like it fell under a luggage cart and was dragged all the way to Mexico from TX.

Any recommendations on where to buy a new dive bag to get our gear back home from Coz?

There are a couple of retail dive outlets downtown just south of the square (Studio Blue and another on the corner...ProDive. You can't miss it. There is another by the waterfront next to Casa Mexicana owned, I think, by Aqua Safari. (I'm terrible with names...) There is another by my house on 5th Ave just before the cemetery called Scuba Outlet or something like that. And I think Scuba Planet (or is it Planet Scuba?) is located down at the International Pier. I also recall seeing a shop across from Scuba Club although I don't really remember what they carry. I was just at Cozumel Scuba Repair yesterday but can't say I noticed if they had dive bags or not. Anyway, they are probably too far back in town for you to get to easily though unless you have rented a car. You might try phoning a few places to see what they have and the prices if you want to save a few steps.

Pro Dive would be my first choice to check while the one across from Scuba Club would be very low on my list. Not much there any time I've gone in.

How about a cardboard box, and then when you get home, you can find what you want.

That would be a great suggestion...if there was a Walmart in Cozumel...:blinking:

Mega has bags, No? :wink:

That would be a great suggestion...if there was a Walmart in Cozumel...:blinking:

Sorry, I mean't Sam's Club.....Walmart is in Playa del Carmen.....according to the intermeshnet.

Both Mega & Chedroui will have basic "sports" type bags or maybe a cheap suitcase for now if that's all that's needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom