Luggage destroyed in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As has already been indicated, there is no need to buy a "scuba bag". Get the toughest, cheapest general purpose bag you can find. No need to pay extra for a bag with some sort of scuba logo on it.

In this case all you really need is a 1 way trip home. Duct tape and glad cling wrap may be enough. Get it wrapped some more by the luggage wrapping service in the airport on your departure.

We use hard back, soft front wheeled duffle bags from the MEC MEC Fast-Track 3 Rolling Duffle (Unisex) - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

3 rolls of ducktape to keep the old bag in one piece on the way home should take care of it that way you can get the bag of your dreams when you get home. I know the TSA folks love me.

Mega has bags, No? :wink:
I was just there today. All I saw were suitcases.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2015 at 07:47 PM ----------

Sorry, I mean't Sam's Club.....Walmart is in Playa del Carmen.....according to the intermeshnet.

You need a card to buy there. I borrowed someone's once, just to go look at what they had. And they are a fair ways back in town...so assuming the OP HAS a card, he's still looking at a pretty good taxi fare, depending on where he is staying.

I was just there today. All I saw were suitcases..

Mega (and probably Chedraui) have duffel bags in the sporting goods section. Not sure if they'd be big enough for the OP though.

How about a cardboard box, and then when you get home, you can find what you want.
Not really a smatass answer, truly a workable solution. Box it up on the way out and look for an after Xmas deal when home.

You need a card to buy there. I borrowed someone's once, just to go look at what they had. And they are a fair ways back in town...so assuming the OP HAS a card, he's still looking at a pretty good taxi fare, depending on where he is staying.

However I have it on reliable authority that sam's has vodka to compare to Grey Goose for 8 bucks a bottle. Gotland. Look for the blue bottle.

Did you file a claim with the airline for damaged luggage? Last time they wrecked a suitcase of mine, they offered me a replacement bag right there at the airport claims office. This was in the states, not coz. However, they may be able to send you a bag that may arrive before you have to leave. If you ask real nice, they may even deliver it to your hotel.

no, it was a new suitcase, off brand, but comparable.

I had a bag damaged severely en route from IAH to CZM on Continental a few years back. They offered me reimbursement for the bag to purchase a new one - within a week, the check from Continental was in my mailbox. Of course, airlines today are not as customer friendly. I would still file a claim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom