LUMIX LX10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reply. My concerns about the LX10's video recording auto-ISO limitations came from these two particular reviews:

divephotoguide - see "8. Underwater video with the Panasonic LX10"

dpreview - see section "Auto ISO"

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what they're saying. My understanding is with my Sony RX100M2, I can set the Auto ISO range to 160 - 1600 and shoot in aperture priority mode at 50fps, and it will attempt to hold the aperture/fame rate while varying the ISO to maintain exposure. It sounds like the LX10 does a poor job of this, if at all.

Thanks for the reply. My concerns about the LX10's video recording auto-ISO limitations came from these two particular reviews:

divephotoguide - see "8. Underwater video with the Panasonic LX10"

dpreview - see section "Auto ISO"

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what they're saying. My understanding is with my Sony RX100M2, I can set the Auto ISO range to 160 - 1600 and shoot in aperture priority mode at 50fps, and it will attempt to hold the aperture/fame rate while varying the ISO to maintain exposure. It sounds like the LX10 does a poor job of this, if at all.

You can set the max ISO but you will not have any idea what the camera is doing with Aperture / ISO. I shoot A mode and don’t worry about shutter speed.

Auto WB can be used in P, A and S video modes. I think where the problem lies is when you want to shoot manual, there is no auto ISO option.

"Sensitivity (ISO) The Sensitivity option on the Motion Picture menu also is available for selection only when the mode dial is set to the Creative Video position. (There is, of course, a corresponding Sensitivity setting on the Recording menu, which applies for still images.) Ordinarily, ISO sensitivity cannot be set to anything other than Auto ISO when recording motion pictures. However, in Creative Video mode, you can use this option to set ISO to Auto ISO, or to specific values of 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, or 6400. If Auto ISO is in effect during movie recording, the ISO Limit Set option on screen 6 of the Recording menu has no effect. Auto ISO is not available for video recording when Exposure Mode is set to Manual Exposure." from "Photographer's Guide to the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10/LX15: Getting the Most from Panasonic's Advanced Compact Camera" by Alexander White

Last edited:
Interesting reading, thanks to all of the contributors- especially those posting samples!
To those using the LX10 UW, any new general thoughts? Happy with your purchase? Missing or wanting anything? Recommended purchase? I'm still on the fence- mostly due to laziness...

Interesting reading, thanks to all of the contributors- especially those posting samples!
To those using the LX10 UW, any new general thoughts? Happy with your purchase? Missing or wanting anything? Recommended purchase? I'm still on the fence- mostly due to laziness...

I’ve only had it underwater for 3 dives but I think personally it’s the best compact for UW. I would easily go for the RX100V but the white balance issue with it is a big problem for me. Canon doesn’t do 4K so that leaves the LX10. Also I’ve used Panny M43 and have a zs100 also so familiarity is big too.

@drhappy
I never made it to the BTS show like I had hoped, I got stuck working the electric outages in the area due to the snow events. How was the show? How was the seminar? Did any of the vendors have any great deals on the LX10 compared to what you got for yours or was the pricing comparable? I know whenever I buy something I'm always looking around at everyone else for a while because I'm always wondering if I got a good price. LOL

@ponomo1
Knowing these seminars are what you make of them, and the instructor was very knowledgeable, it was a little disconnected. I picked up a few concepts however being the only Lumix owner in a room packed full of needy Sealife camera owners I was pretty disappointed. Most of them barely knew how to turn the cameras on yet alone manipulate any settings.

Being tied up for the entire day also meant I missed cruising through the show itself:(

Any chance one of you LX10 users can post some example (underwater) still images? Thanks

OK I finally pulled the plug, I picked up the LX-10, the Ikelite housing and I'm ready to try this bad boy out. This is much more sophisticated than my sealife 1400 so I'm hoping to have a handle on the basic stuff before my Grand Cayman trip in June.

Still trying to learn the camera and settings. Here are a few I took in Hawaii recently.

23844569_1519988734750440_5310741380905756851_n.jpg
23844779_1519988591417121_8272437266256638444_n.jpg
24129848_1519988674750446_120115462509639761_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom