Luxury Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We kept our sailboat at Nanny Cay Marina for 7 years on Tortola, BVI. When too many friends and relatives would come we had them stay at the Nanny Cay Hotel right there in the marina. None complained. Blue Water Divers have a shop at Nanny Cay along with their boats. I've dived with them for years and can't say enough good things about their first class operation. There are a few other diver operators around the island. A one week stay in the BVI would get you tons of great diving. For hotel info Nanny Cay Marina has a web site with web cam. Google them.

The Lizard Island Resort in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia is very nice, at least 4 star, with limited numbers of guests (adults only), a spa, and all-inclusive package . . .it's practically a private island. They have a great on-site dive facility with daily boat dives.

We loved Mike Ball's Spoilsport liveaboard boat in the Great Barrier Reef. The rooms, food, staff, and most of all diving were top-notch. A rough crossing to Osprey Reef, wow, very choppy in late October with Wild currents at many sites. But we saw large pelagics everywhere!

We're thinking Tahiti in May . . . anyone know what the weather's like there, that time of year?

Aloha,
Dee

Laguna Beach Resort in Utila Honduras The Laguna Beach Resort, Utila, Exclusive diving is an all inclusive diving resort. Custom made Newton dive boats with max of 12 people/boat, 3 boat dives a day, 2 night boat dives a week, and unlimited shore diving.
Recently brought a chef over from the States that is a great cook, will work with your needs.
Private property with sandy beach, privated beach front A/C cabins with balcony & piers over looking the lagoon.
Also receive unlimited horseback riding, kayaking & biking in your package.
PM or e-mail me if you have questions or are interested.

This thread reminds me of just how cheap I am. Every time I have stayed at a high end resort I hate dressing up for dinner and having to look cleaned up strolling through the lobby. For me and for the kind of money it costs for a high end luxury resort, I would rent an upscale house in Bonaire for a couple weeks right on the ocean and hire a small staff to take care of me.

Hello all,

Just wanted to remind folks that Utopia Village is a fairly new dive and spa resort located on Utila in Honduras. Check out the web at utopiautila and Tripa Advisor for reviews. Utopia Village in a short period of time has become the #1 rated hotel on Utila by Trip Advisor and the only business on the entire island to have its "eco permit" from the central government.

The resort is remote, beautifully designed and set on a quarter mile of pristine reef. The rooms are custom designed with upscale bedding and linens and have spacious balcony's that overlook the jungle and ocean. The restaurant has a four star chef that has received rave reviews on trip advisor and the guests dive, dive, dive with U Dive the onsite dive shop. Both boat diving and unlimited shore diving is available from the house reef filled with mature Elkhorn and Staghorn coral,turtles, rays, lobster, octopus and many colorful Caribbean fish species.

If staying in the Carribean and wanting a special dive trip, I'd have to vote for Dive St Vincent and Young Island Resort on St Vincent.

Young Island is not new but it is classy in its own way and has great food and service.

Bill Tewes was featured again on Undercurrent and diving with him is special.
I admit that he is a crochety old cuss, but he is the best at what he does. Namely find the small and unusual.

If looking for the most luxurious experiences, the Aman Resorts and Four Seasons Resorts are considered among the best in the world. I was recently certified by the new dive operator at the Amanyara in Turks and Caicos. Big Blue Diving, the current operator, was willing to work with the guests at the hotel to provide us with whatever diving experience we wanted.

The resort is a few hundred yards from the Northwest Point dive sites, and the dive boat picks divers up from the beach at the hotel. Additionally, you can go on 2 tank dives to West Caicos, which is about a 30 min boat ride. (The Ritz Carlton on West Caicos is not open; construction was stopped after they lost financing.) Big Blue Diving custimizes their daily schedule based on demand, and therefore they are able to provide custimized experiences. You will never need to worry about setting up and breaking down your gear, the staff at Big Blue Diving is as devoted to customer service as the Aman resort.

If you are looking for a customizable luxury diving vaccation I highly recomend you contact the Amanyara and or Big Blue Diving. I think Big Blue Diving works with some of the other luxury resorts on the Island, either Parrot Cay or Nikki Beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom