Lynx Shipping Status??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric, Do you guys plan to keep March 22 as the release date? Or do you have any plan to move the release date again?

Thanks.

We are very close now, we may still launch on the 22nd, if not, then within 10-14 days of it.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

If it is like the rest of their computers I would say yes, but you would also need the communication cable to do it. But then again I don't think they update the firmware all that often. There has only been 1 update on my KAON since I got it when they first came out. Something to fix some screen wakeup issues, but nothing new addded.

Is the firmware for the Lynx user upgradable?

The Lynx has two CPU's each with its own firmware and both are user upgradeable with the standard PC interface (used by the Xen/Xeo/Kaon and Lynx). The first 150 Lynx customers also get a free PC interface in case there is an important software upgrade shortly after the launch. If you don't have a PC interface your dealer can also upgrade the software.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Eric, do you expect ready availability of the Lynx once it ships, or do we have to wait long after we order? Second, you might want to be transparent about the reasons behind the delays: I am a happy owner of an X1, which I bought one year ago, but the major problems that have plagued early users still loom in the forums and have somewhat tainted its image. The fact that you are hinting the possibility of "an important software upgrade shortly after the launch" does not really sound reassuring. God forbid we do not want history of the early X1 to repeat itself! Thank you,

Davide

Last edited:
Eric, do you expect ready availability of the Lynx once it ships, or do we have to wait long after we order? Second, you might want to be transparent about the reasons behind the delays: I am a happy owner of an X1, which I bought one year ago, but the major problems that have plagued early users still loom in the forums and have somewhat tainted its image. The fact that you are hinting the possibility of "an important software upgrade shortly after the launch" does not really sound reassuring. God forbid we do not want history of the early X1 to repeat itself! Thank you,

Davide

We are in the process of hiring more manufacturing staff to keep up with the demand, but it will be a couple of months before we catch up to the backlog of pre-orders. The Lynx has been in testing for a long time so I don't anticipate any important software updates shortly after the launch. However, it is better to be safe and include a PC interface for the first customers.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Eric, Sorry but we are just 6 days apart from the date you gave as the probable release date (March 22). Any new delay? or the date remains the same? In any case... if you guys plan to delay the date 10-14 days (as you also wrote as probable) then don't you think that is time (for the people that filled the online form at Liquivision.com like me, several months ago) to receive the formal information/email/notice of the pre order and final release date? Thanks.

Eric,

I understand you will be shipping the Lynx dive computer out to the folks that pre-ordered them. Will you also be shipping them out to the various dive shops and retail locations at the same time?

---------- Post added March 18th, 2013 at 09:50 AM ----------

And the plot thickens...

Just spoke with my local dive shop. They've got a nice sized order being placed with Liquivision. My LDS rep told me its looking like it will be another couple of weeks before the Lynx will ship. I've got some dives planned for late April, not too mention my cruise starting on May 11th (diving in Cozumel, Roatan and Belize). Would really like to have it in hand before then.

Eric - does that sound about right for the shipping date?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom